The Left Wing!?

Muff

If we don't manage to get in a left winger, a position along with centre back that are a must to be strengthened, this summer, who will be shunted out there this coming season; Steven Naismith, Lee McCulloch, Stevie Smith, Kyle Lafferty, John Fleck, Aaron, DaMarcus Beasley, Kenny Miller, Nacho Novo, Charlie Adam, Alan Gow....???

Because we have played so many players out there over the years, and not one of them have impressed on a consistant basis required. Bar the inconsistant, unlucky, injury-prone, DaMarcus Beasley, not one of those players fill me with much confidence in that position (only breaking through, but I prefer the likes of Aaron, and Fleck in a more central role)

We need a player with pace, ability, quality, delivery....to fill this role.

We need a player with pace, ability, quality, delivery....to fill this role.

And consistency, a priority this summer to solve the this issue with 1 or 2 players who end up playing there regularly with the attributes mentioned! (tu)

Tough to find good wingers these days, not as many good ones around as there was say 10 years ago. You see a lot of sides playing without true wingers these days.

Fleck and Naismith would be the two I'd like to see competing for a spot on the left, whether it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

If Beasley is still around, I'd consider him for our european games.

Much though the winning of the title delighted me it is now depressing to think that we could actually start going backwards next season. We are left with a troublesome position to fill and it's going to be filled by someone who couldn't make the position his own last season.

i cant see us signing a left winger. While i dont think fleck is great there i think aaron could do well for us there even if he is better centrally. Beasley if he could stay fit and get back to form could be good for us but i reckon he will be away before the window shuts, hopefully with mcculloch and adam. I never want to see either of those 2 in our team again but especially not on the left wing. Dont want to see lafferty there either, hes a striker and proved that in the few games he got up front.

I don't think we'll go backwards...or forwards!

We'll be stuck with the same tactics, problems and players.

We can only hope the Monkey's Heid's brave new world takes a while to come to fruition. The only thing we have going for us is that a few of last season's signings were at least integrated into the time, but some positions, like left mid, still haven't been fully addressed. This could be a very frustrating season ahead.

I can see Aaron playing a far bigger part this season and think he should be fighting it out with Beasley for that place.

If Beasley can stay fit n get a run of games I think he'll do the business.

__________Alexander__________

Whittaker_Weir_Bougie_Papac

Davis___Mendes___Thomson

Miller___Boyd___Naismith

4-3-3 defos with naismith as left forward :cool:

Weir too old

Thommo on the left is daft,Naismith on the left is daft tae.

Weir has to go,we need a left winger and Lafferty has to play

If we play a 4-3-3 we might not need an out and out LW.

But I would be a helluva lot happier if we signed one who is not afraid to run at defenders, get to the bye-line and put in a good cross. Something we have missed since Neil McCann left for Southampton 6 years ago!