Dropping Boyd and Miller

I still think Boyd will be cashed in before the window shuts.

Praying your'e right DB. :praise:

When are Bears going to realize,that we play much better football,and score more goals, when Boyd is not included. :huh:

When are Bears going to realize,that we play much better football,and score more goals, when Boyd is not included. :huh:

Boyd played a part in our best display of the season.

Anyone can see his overall improvement in terms of play and attitude.

They should start the season but if one or neither is playing well then the others should get a chance.

Walter Smith has a habit of constantly picking players regardless of poor form.

I agree with that (tu)

I just struggle to see why anybody would drop them for say Velicka and Novo before a ball has even been kicked.

Well, I would not play Velicka unless I had to, I would play Novo over miller, and, would play lafferty with Boyd before any of them

I am in agreement with this tattooed man.

Boyd played a part in our best display of the season.

Anyone can see his overall improvement in terms of play and attitude.

PB is far too blinkered to say/see this.

I think a Boyd/Lafferty pairing up front would be best. Naismith if he hits form is another good option. Miller should only play when 100% fit but if he is playing well then he is a good option. Judging on last season I would play Boyd and Lafferty up front and Miller filling in as necessary.

I think a Boyd/Lafferty pairing up front would be best. Naismith if he hits form is another good option. Miller should only play when 100% fit but if he is playing well then he is a good option. Judging on last season I would play Boyd and Lafferty up front and Miller filling in as necessary.

If we are judging on last season then it should be Boyd and Miller upfront.

Miller's contribution was massive and I can't believe so many people would play Lafferty ahead of him.

I would hope that Miller and Boyd isn't our default striking partnership, and that Walter will pick from all of our strikers as and when required.

The fact is we have so many dimensions up top now - Boyd, Miller, Naismith, Velicka, Lafferty, Novo, Aaron and Beasley - that's 8 valid forwards - my position is if Boyd and Miller or Lafferty and Novo or Velicka and Naismith or whatever isn't working...change it and see what does. And this is a per game thing.

If we are judging on last season then it should be Boyd and Miller upfront.

Miller's contribution was massive and I can't believe so many people would play Lafferty ahead of him.

I agree. If someone forced me into a corner and put a blowtorch to my head, I'd pick a combination of Lafferty and Miller overall as our first choice up top.

But as I say, I'd be dynamic - rotate and choose per match - use from all 8 main strikers/forwards that we have.

It depends on the opposition, and if we bring in anyone ie; the big, powerful, striker, who is able to hold the ball up, and bring others into play, that we require?

But for the 1st game of the season, I'd go with Boyd and Miller. Lafferty may also be suspended?

I said after his performance at Tannadice that I'm willing to give Boyd one last chance to show on a consistant basis that he is good enough to play in every game Rangers compete in, unless he is sold, and if a good bid came in, I'd sell him, if it meant bringing in a replacement. If he can show that level of performance that he did against Dundee United, then I'd happily keep him - it's now over to him to show that on a consistant basis. He's talked about changing, being up for it in pre-season, he's looked a lot leaner in training, and he's out to win a new contract.

I'm seriously baffled with the number of posters who seem to be for the idea of dropping Boyd, Miller, or in some cases both of them, in favour of guys like Novo, Velicka, Fleck and Lafferty.

Don't get me wrong, the afore mentioned have their value to the squad, but dropping the most prominent and natural looking partnership we have to simply "give the others a chance" is such a needless risk to take.

Don't get me wrong, I know Boyd and Miller have their weaknesses (I'm normally one of the first to point them out :pipe: ) but a 44 goals haul, with a league and cup double at the end of it surely highlights that they are the best players we have for the job at this moment in time.

I agree with you. But I would not say no to a big time CL striker 3/4 million (I know wake up!!).

I agree with you. But I would not say no to a big time CL striker 3/4 million (I know wake up!!).

Without wanting to bang on about it again, you could probably get one from some obscure European outfit for a third of that price.

I've already mentioend them before, but players like Ivan Obolo or Christian Bolanos would be sensational for us and neither would cost that much in relation to what we would pay for guys in The Championship.

Without wanting to bang on about it again, you could probably get one from some obscure European outfit for a third of that price.

I've already mentioend them before, but players like Ivan Obolo or Christian Bolanos would be sensational for us and neither would cost that much in relation to what we would pay for guys in The Championship.

If only we could get either of them terrific strikers. I just hope we have a few added faces before start of season!!