Empire: Total War

mrtin281

I have this game and it randomly stopped working after a few weeks.

it crashes a few seconds into the launch, saying Empire.exe error 0x00000005 or something along those lines.

ive patched it up to 1.3 and have tried so many different things i feel like im about to rip my face off, like in that film,

The terminator.

:craphead:

It's good with the latest patches, love playing as a small nation like Prussia, asswhooping France etc.

Britain are giving me gold because they like me :D

Prussia is easy, you can invade Poland and get half its provinces in a single turn. Then take on the German minor alliance and annex them 1 by 1.

I had Germany formed in less than 10 turns :lol:

But yeah, nothing better than watching your Deaths Head cavalry fucking up some Austrian militia.

Fantastic news ladies, Darthmod had installesd some hidden folders in the cache which remain after uninstalling. Nerfed them and it works now.

Awesome......I only wish I knew what you just said.

Darthmod is a mod which makes it more realistic and more difficult, it also adds stuff like better AI.

Clinton: Try playing it on Hard.

I attacked Poland and BOOM, Austria and some other smaller countries attack my city :P

I did play it on hard :lol:

Austria are pansies, you can hold them off with a single army as they always come up from Silesia and Bohemia. :craphead:

Darthmod is a mod which makes it more realistic and more difficult, it also adds stuff like better AI.

I attacked Poland and BOOM, Austria and some other smaller countries attack my city :P

Austria are pansies, you can hold them off with a single army as they always come up from Silesia and Bohemia. :craphead:

Problem is I always try to attack a city with an overwhelming majority of troops, so my cities are left virtually undefended :lol:

Problem is I always try to attack a city with an overwhelming majority of troops, so my cities are left virtually undefended :lol:

I dont even garrison my cities, just have roving cavalry squads that can hit and run anything to death over a turn or two with virtually nil casualties. :lol:

That was the classic Prussian way of dealing with unrest :craphead:

I love the battles at sea but land battles just don't do it for me. I was never a fan of the whole gunpowder thing in the previous TWs so empire makes it worse :P

Campaign map is very much improved now which is nice.

I love the battles at sea but land battles just don't do it for me. I was never a fan of the whole gunpowder thing in the previous TWs so empire makes it worse :P

Campaign map is very much improved now which is nice.

The sea battles remind me of one of my first computer games called Cutthroats, very fun.

Land battles are pretty meh, i have the most fun with fort or town battles, especially if defending. I remember once i had a fort in India that was attacked by a massive native army of about 2000 men, 3 guard divisions at the fort killed every single last one of them and lost 12 men, great fight.

I dont even garrison my cities, just have roving cavalry squads that can hit and run anything to death over a turn or two with virtually nil casualties. :lol:

That was the classic Prussian way of dealing with unrest :craphead:

Wtf, how is that possible ?

Surely sooner or later you get unrest in your cities if you have no troops there ?

Even if it's just 3 squads of militia...

Apparently there's also a mod to change the game to the Napoleon-era.

edit: Cutthroats, now THAT was fun :lol:

• 2 weeks later...