King Alexander

This is just a wee thread to pay tribute to Alexander, the best goalkeeper at Rangers FC and undoubtably one of Walter Smiths best signings, alongside David Weir, since his return to the club.

The man is a complete gent and has everything we should look for in a Rangers player. He has never let us down, coming in at important parts of the season and looking more familiar with the back 4 than McGregor ever has. You can really tell the defenders respond better to him than they do Mcgregor.

Alexander has played a huge part in our success over the last 2 years, playing in the UEFA cup semi final and making some penalty saves in the shoot-out - It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just thinking about it. Playing in the Scottish Cup finals, and being part of a team that went on our longest unbeaten run of the season at the tail end of last season, which ultimately stopped 4 in a row.

He may not be capable of the "Werder Bremen save" but he has never made a costly error in goal for Rangers yet. He should be demanding that he starts the season as number 1 but even if he doesn't, he will always show the respect to his team mates and the coaching staff, as every Rangers player should by working hard and being ready when needed.

One of our most under-rated players, but actually, he will be one of our most important players for 2 in a row.

All hail the King :praise:

I agree! mate cracking player we have to very great keepers at Rangers but atm I feel Alexander should be #1

Agree, if McGregor could capture 2 seasons ago's form then YES number one. But he's been pish really since coming back from that injury so I'd just cash in on him and keep Neily (tu)

This is just a wee thread to pay tribute to Alexander, the best goalkeeper at Rangers FC and undoubtably one of Walter Smiths best signings, alongside David Weir, since his return to the club.

The man is a complete gent and has everything we should look for in a Rangers player. He has never let us down, coming in at important parts of the season and looking more familiar with the back 4 than McGregor ever has. You can really tell the defenders respond better to him than they do Mcgregor.

Alexander has played a huge part in our success over the last 2 years, playing in the UEFA cup semi final and making some penalty saves in the shoot-out - It makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just thinking about it. Playing in the Scottish Cup finals, and being part of a team that went on our longest unbeaten run of the season at the tail end of last season, which ultimately stopped 4 in a row.

He may not be capable of the "Werder Bremen save" but he has never made a costly error in goal for Rangers yet. He should be demanding that he starts the season as number 1 but even if he doesn't, he will always show the respect to his team mates and the coaching staff, as every Rangers player should by working hard and being ready when needed.

One of our most under-rated players, but actually, he will be one of our most important players for 2 in a row.

All hail the King :praise:

Fucking cracking post. Some people might get half way down and disagree with you but that is spot on.

Untill he screws up he should be given the chance.

Im fuckin steamin and FUCKIN LOVE THE GERS

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Well said OP. What I like about Neil is that he represents our club on and off the pitch the way a Rangers player should. And.. he IS a cracking 'Keeper. A credit to himself, our club, his family and his country.