Marvin on returning to Ibrox and Helicopter Sunday

Boab

That ambition will form much of life after football. The present is involved in playing for Accies. There are no regrets about the past, about the days of bread and water, about the flight to Scotland about the operation that was missed.

"If I had taken surgery, Rangers would not have won the championship. I would not have helped my country qualify for the World Cup," he said.

Andrews coined the mantra Keep Believing that was realised gloriously in 2005 when Rangers won the title on the last day. The Miracle of Marvin's Knee was thus followed by the Miracle of Helicopter Sunday.

Another miracle was not in the offing, though. "The Rangers players kept on at me when I said: "Keep believing'. They told me: If we win this league, we will go to church with you'. I am still waiting for them."

He smiles and looks forward to this afternoon when Accies travel to Ibrox. "This will be the first time I have come back as a player. It will be good to see and hear the fans."

Andrews has watched Accies endure a dreadful start to the season. He wants to play. He travels to Ibrox in hope. The faith is a constant companion.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...eth_the_man.php

Liked this bit :lol:

"The Rangers players kept on at me when I said: "Keep believing'. They told me: If we win this league, we will go to church with you'. I am still waiting for them."