Who is next?

Davie2909

Over the last few weeks the squad has gotten smaller and smaller players have been leaving and no one coming in. Who is gonna be out next then?

I remember reading somewhere at the start of the summer we were gonna have a squad of 22 first team player and then youngsters on top of that now were are down to under 20 + youngsters.

1 or 2 injuries and we will struggle more so if these are defensive injuries.

My mind has been changed in recent weeks about Lee McCulloch i definately think we have a place for him after his recent matches in CM but he is never a CH so to play him there would be a huge mistake imo. Papac is a bombscare at CH and Broadfoot shouldnt even be in the squad imo so if Weir or Boogie are injured we only have Wilson to cover who is totally untested.

Im not really seeing the young guys get a chance not even in Pre season which would have been an ideal time to get a proper look at them. Also why did we have Aaron if he was never gonna get a game??

Same with Gil Blumenstein whats the point in bringing him on trial and then nothing happening.

Rant over

Our first team players are;

McGregor

Edu

Weir

Mendes

Papac

McCulloch

Davis

Thomson

Boyd

Novo

Naismith

Whittaker

Miller

Beasley

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Alexander

Smith

Lafferty

Fleck

Combined with young players like;

Shinnie

Ness

Loy

Wilson

Wylde

Little

McGregor

Edu

Weir

Mendes

Papac

McCulloch

Davis

Thomson

Boyd

Novo

Naismith

Whittaker

Miller

Beasley

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Alexander

Smith

Lafferty

Fleck

Shinnie

Ness

Loy

Wilson

Wylde

Little

Fleck is treated as more of a Youngster he hasnt been getting much match time recently

I was in total agreement that we needed a clear out to many players sitting getting a big pay cheque and doing nothing. But if we have a squad of 20 players they all need to be able to play week in week out.

Broadfoot is not Rangers quality and should be moved on Beasley was a good player at first but recently he has done nothing. Look at the squad we have 5 first team strikers and only 2 first team CH.

McGregor

Edu

Weir

Mendes

Papac

McCulloch

Davis

Thomson

Boyd

Novo

Naismith

Whittaker

Miller

Beasley

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Alexander

Smith

Lafferty

Fleck

Shinnie

Ness

Loy

Wilson

Wylde

Little

Fleck is treated as more of a Youngster he hasnt been getting much match time recently

I was in total agreement that we needed a clear out to many players sitting getting a big pay cheque and doing nothing. But if we have a squad of 20 players they all need to be able to play week in week out.

Broadfoot is not Rangers quality and should be moved on Beasley was a good player at first but recently he has done nothing. Look at the squad we have 5 first team strikers and only 2 first team CH.

Like it or not he is our cover for anywhere across the back 4, and BTW I don't like it either.

Over the last few weeks the squad has gotten smaller and smaller players have been leaving and no one coming in. Who is gonna be out next then?

I remember reading somewhere at the start of the summer we were gonna have a squad of 22 first team player and then youngsters on top of that now were are down to under 20 + youngsters.

1 or 2 injuries and we will struggle more so if these are defensive injuries.

My mind has been changed in recent weeks about Lee McCulloch i definately think we have a place for him after his recent matches in CM but he is never a CH so to play him there would be a huge mistake imo. Papac is a bombscare at CH and Broadfoot shouldnt even be in the squad imo so if Weir or Boogie are injured we only have Wilson to cover who is totally untested.

Im not really seeing the young guys get a chance not even in Pre season which would have been an ideal time to get a proper look at them. Also why did we have Aaron if he was never gonna get a game??

Same with Gil Blumenstein whats the point in bringing him on trial and then nothing happening.

Rant over

Mcgregor

Alexander

Whittaker

Broadfoot

Papac

Smith

Weir

Bougherra

Edu

Thomson

McCulloch

Mendes

Davis

Naismith

Miller

Boyd

Lafferty

Novo

Beasley, Velicka, Webster (All still Rangers players)

We have 21 main players + Fleck (Who is arguably a first team player now) before you add the youngsters like Loy, Ness, Wilson, Wylde, Shinnie etc etc

It's a shame Smith won't be in the job much longer as it seems he's still in the process of experimenting with squad-size and it'll probably take him another year to get it right. Last year our squad was unnecessarily large and perhaps this season it'll be too small, which is ironic considering our guaranteed presence in Europe this season. However as long as we keep the same core of solid players (Mendes, Davis, Bougherra) - we'll still be in with a good chance of retaining the SPL title.