Monkey heid in mope overdrive noo, 3 penalties ?

Mowbray is no makin excuses but !!!!!! :rolleyes::sherlock:

We should have had THREE penalties

Mowbray is not making excuses for his defence

by Alison McConnell

CELTIC boss Tony Mowbray has had time to reflect on the weekend's Old Firm game at Ibrox ... and thinks his team should have been awarded three penalties.

The Hoops manager has watched the DVD of the 2-1 defeat to Walter Smith's side and believes that his side were robbed of some key decisions.

However, Mowbray has maintained that referee Craig Thomson's failure to award the penalties shouldn't deflect from the problems that his side are having defensively at the minute.

"It doesn't soften the blow, but we all make mistakes and sometimes you have to take it on the chin," he said. "I have watched the incidents back and I don't think it would have been harsh if we got three penalties, but we can't question the referee's motives.

"He made a decision based on what he thought was right and in the aftermath he has changed his mind, but it's a bit too late for us "It's not the first time that we have contentious decisions. I got drawn into the Aiden McGeady incident at Easter Road and there was a last-minute penalty against Dundee United, where Craig Levein admitted he was disappointed his man didn't just go ahead and catch the ball, it was so blatant a handball.

"But we have to live with these things and it does not do to bleat about it because ultimately, it can deflect from the problems we have had, keeping clean sheets of late.

"As coaching staff we have to work to eradicate those errors because in recent games we have had to go chasing football matches after giving opposing teams a goal of a start."

And Mowbray is equally frustrated that he will not get the chance to work with his squad until the day before the Motherwell game a week on Saturday.

Stephen McManus and Gary Caldwell are away to Japan on Scotland duty, while there are a clutch of other Celtic players away with their respective countries.

It means there will be little time to work on the problems that have affected Celtic in recent games, something that has irked Mowbray.

"A few are carrying knocks and might not travel," he told the Celtic View. "But we are not going to have a squad of players who can work.

"Whatever situation we look at, attack, defence or individual coaching, you can't actually get down to work on things.

"Some of them won't actually get back to the Friday, the day before we play Motherwell, and it has to be a work in progress really, trying to eradicate the problems.

"It's up to me to put the right personnel on the pitch who can do the job and maintain their concentration levels.

"How big are the injury problems? Well, it's a concern and it's probably good for those lads that this break has come along because sometimes you end up playing through niggles which never get a chance to heal properly."

One of the positives to come out of the game at Ibrox was the performance of Chinese midfielder Zheng Zhi.

Mowbray said: "It was a big decision to throw Zheng in for his first game but I feel he did well, particularly in the position I asked him to play against a team who do put a lot of men behind the ball."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2531812.0.0.php