Rangers founder William McBeath

RFE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently visited the graveside of Peter McNeil and of Bill Struth ( which is only a few yards away ) and the areas around the gravestones are an absolute disgrace :angry: I was going to go with my son and strim and cut the grass around it but i was told that the Parks/cemeteries dept were working their way up to that area,! When, next, week, month, year ? I will return after the new year and if it's still in the same state i will endeavour to clean it up.

PS, Did you know that Ibrox can be seen from both graves ! Accidental or deliberate !

I was told by an "official" from the Founders committee that I shouldnt do anything at Peter McNeils grave as his Grandaughters still visit the grave and it may upset them. EH?

Edited to include this,

I was told by the same person that the reason why nothing was being done about William McBeath was that theyre are laws regarding paupers graves. My answer to that was surely the Lincolnshire authorities would be sympathetic to this.

So an extra well done to VB for working there way through these laws and I understand the Lincolnshire authorities were very helpful Thank you Lincolnshire.

I have recently visited the graveside of Peter McNeil and of Bill Struth ( which is only a few yards away ) and the areas around the gravestones are an absolute disgrace :angry: I was going to go with my son and strim and cut the grass around it but i was told that the Parks/cemeteries dept were working their way up to that area,! When, next, week, month, year ? I will return after the new year and if it's still in the same state i will endeavour to clean it up.

PS, Did you know that Ibrox can be seen from both graves ! Accidental or deliberate !

Well done mate count me in if you want a hand.

I was told by an "official" from the Founders committee that I shouldnt do anything at Peter McNeils grave as his Grandaughters still visit the grave and it may upset them. EH?

Edited to include this,

I was told by the same person that the reason why nothing was being done about William McBeath was that theyre are laws regarding paupers graves. My answer to that was surely the Lincolnshire authorities would be sympathetic to this.

So an extra well done to VB for working there way through these laws and I understand the Lincolnshire authorities were very helpful Thank you Lincolnshire.

Ive never heard of a Founders committe? Any idea what it is?

Edited to include this,

Yes there is a Founders commitee working on FF who are doing some fantistic work in the research of our Founders, to date they have persuaded the Glasgow (kaflik ) councel to allow a plaque to be placed at the Birthplace of our club, :clap: they have organised tours of all Rangers related places of intrest and there is also a banner on the way. :clap:

Now i have noticed a lot of friction on here between FF, RM and VB in particular :( I wish for the memories of our Founders we could work hand in hand with each other on new projects wich will arise as time goes on. It's time differences were put aside and we looked ahead with a more ADULT outlook, it dosn't mean you have to go out and have a beer with them, just don't belittle anything, whatever or whoever decides to do something for the good of GLASGOW RANGERS. :uk:

Edited to include this,

Yes there is a Founders commitee working on FF who are doing some fantistic work in the research of our Founders, to date they have persuaded the Glasgow (kaflik ) councel to allow a plaque to be placed at the Birthplace of our club, :clap: they have organised tours of all Rangers related places of intrest and there is also a banner on the way. :clap:

Now i have noticed a lot of friction on here between FF, RM and VB in particular :( I wish for the memories of our Founders we could work hand in hand with each other on new projects wich will arise as time goes on. It's time differences were put aside and we looked ahead with a more ADULT outlook, it dosn't mean you have to go out and have a beer with them, just don't belittle anything, whatever or whoever decides to do something for the good of GLASGOW RANGERS. :uk:

Your preaching to the converted on here mate, Try posting anything related to VB on FF and see how long it lasts,

Edited to include this,

Your preaching to the converted on here mate, Try posting anything related to VB on FF and see how long it lasts,

Aye ah know :( All because of a couple of personality clashes or so i'm led to belive, but there are a few on this site who seem to distance themselves from FF,

I've only been on FF for about 2 years and i never even knew about RM until a few months back :rolleyes: so to say it gets badmouthed on there is not really true, But as you can see i have only been on here a short time and i have noticed a few who " tut Tut " when you menion FF <cr>

Edited to include this,

Aye ah know :( All because of a couple of personality clashes or so i'm led to belive, but there are a few on this site who seem to distance themselves from FF,

I've only been on FF for about 2 years and i never even knew about RM until a few months back :rolleyes: so to say it gets badmouthed on there is not really true, But as you can see i have only been on here a short time and i have noticed a few who " tut Tut " when you menion FF <cr>

Maybe these people have reason to "tut tut" at FF, Things like a similar thread being chopped on FF ! WHY ? and maybe because many have been banned for life with no reason given, myself included, If I tell you why you would not believe it.

I mentioned the VB protest at the BBC, nothing else

But lets stick to the thread mate and a superb effort by fellow bears to do something that the club should have done decades ago

We truly Are The People and personal differences should not affect this wonderful project

Well done to all who have took part in this one way or another, makes me proud to be a Bear

We Are The People!

Its the best news we seem to be hearing about anything to do with Rangers at the moment.

Just a wee heads up for all interested Bears:

The caretaker of the cemeteries in Lincoln is developing a walk/trail down there. W McBeath's grave will be one of the highlights of this. This will expand his memory Worldwide along with the profile of our club. Members of all other Rangers websites will of course be welcome to partake in this trail.

This is a message from VB member Dave Smith who was involved in the spadework for this

Just noticed this thread. A donation has now been made. Kudos to the guys on Vanguard Bears for doing this, although I'm embarrassed that the club haven't taken the lead :( though not surprised.

Have you thought about contacting a Rangers friendly journalist? I think the fans that don't frequent forums but still read papers would like to hear something positive about the club for a change.

Edit - forgot to mention 4boysandabaw, well done mate, a classy thing to do.

Just noticed this thread. A donation has now been made. Kudos to the guys on Vanguard Bears for doing this, although I'm embarrassed that the club haven't taken the lead :( though not surprised.

Have you thought about contacting a Rangers friendly journalist? I think the fans that don't frequent forums but still read papers would like to hear something positive about the club for a change.

Edit - forgot to mention 4boysandabaw, well done mate, a classy thing to do.

Cheers mate, I think this story is attracting attention.

Rangers couldn't care less Sentry (Sadly) As long as Bain gets his 500k per year, the players can drive Bentley's about town and the owner can buy more vineyards, why worry about anything else? They cannot even spend 1 Thousand pounds approx, for a new headstone for a founding Father - says it all really.

Makes me sick to be honest. Would Jock Wallace or Bill Struth disregard the fans and our views the way these people do? Would big Jock allow our club to be slated by the likes of Spiers every week? I'm not hankering for the past and the good auld days, but I would at least expect respect to be a reciprocal thing and not one way as it is now.

There may be good thinking people at the club, but their hands are tied by the tan man.

Edited to include this,

Sadly anything related to VB will be instantly deleted by a certain persons lackies on ££

VB have done this without any publicity or fuss - simply doing what needed to be done, quietly and efficiently ! Perhaps that doesnt sit well with the ££ admin?

Edited to include this,

Sadly anything related to VB will be instantly deleted by a certain persons lackies on ££

VB have done this without any publicity or fuss - simply doing what needed to be done, quietly and efficiently ! Perhaps that doesnt sit well with the ££ admin?

Ok in the spirit of unity lets see a post on FF mentioning Vanguardbears by name and the work that has been done with William McBeath's grave that would go some way to healing the rift. Oh and by the way it cant be deleted by their admin or Vanguardbears changed to ************* as it normally is.

Edited to include this,

Ok in the spirit of unity lets see a post on FF mentioning Vanguardbears by name and the work that has been done with William McBeath's grave that would go some way to healing the rift. Oh and by the way it cant be deleted by their admin or Vanguardbears changed to ************* as it normally is.

Breath held.....

Banned Loyal..!!