***The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats me just starting up, buzzing. love fm :)

Have you just bought it?

Yeah just got round to getting it..

First thing ive done is sell pedro for 3.5 mil ha. :)

shoulda kept him he's a class act played as a deep playmaker.

Ano mate but I don't like keeping players that are no longer there :P

thats me just starting up, buzzing. love fm :)

Have you just bought it?

Yeah just got round to getting it..

First thing ive done is sell pedro for 3.5 mil ha. :)

shoulda kept him he's a class act played as a deep playmaker.

Ano mate but I don't like keeping players that are no longer there :P

If you've got enough, sign Anthony Annan from Rosenbourg for 2.5-3.5m. He's a fantastic CM/CDM.

He that ghanian? If so he's class, don't have enough money though mate..

Signed a few young scots, and got victor Moses on loan..

Looking to the future, with a British rangers hopefully :P

Unfortunately we are shit atm.

Love how the media twist your words!

Question, "After lee mccullochs lack of discipline, will he feature in your team again?" He only got sent off fs.

I said "Of course."

And the headline is...

"Bragg says ref got sending off spot on!"

:lol:

He that ghanian? If so he's class, don't have enough money though mate..

Signed a few young scots, and got victor Moses on loan..

Looking to the future, with a British rangers hopefully :P

Unfortunately we are shit atm.

What young scots have you brought in?

3 Aberdeen players :lol:

Fyvie, Scott Ross (my mate plays for the u19s and said he was good, so had a scout on him and his potential is pretty good and he was cheap) and Pawlett (English obviously, but he's good).. got him them in reserves atm gonna bring them in soon.

Also brought in hanlon from hibs..

and oh, again Mulgrew from Aberdeen causeni rate him, and he's been class so far :lol:

Team looks like:

Shagger

Whitts Weir/Papac Wilson Mulgrew

Lee legend

Davis Thomson

Fleck/Moses

Boyd/Naisy Miller

Lafferty Beasley and Broadfoot are currently injured otherwise would get rotated in and out.

Anyway we are flying atm after a shit first game :)

Hoping to bring hanlon in alongside Wilson soon so the defence is youthful and Scottish affair :)

Then the 2 young midfielders and defenders will come in next season probably :)

Anyway :lol: , how's your season going? :pierre:

I started with Porto and from the 8th game of the season to the 28th i was 2nd and never moved, but over time i clawed back Sporting 10pt lead and i beat Benfica 5-2 in the 2nd last game of the seson as Sporting lost and i won the league :D

Signed Sergio Canales for £2million (his min. fee) he played 8 games in the final run in, scored 5 and got 5 assists. I currently have 6 centre back in my first team :pierre:

I'm absolutely devastated, i only just updated my operating system to windows 7 this evening. I had set to keep all files from my old windows but just wipe out my Windows Vista. Once i had done the upgrade, i tried FM2010, i got an error msg "Cannot load game, unable to load graphics system", I had to install some windows directx patch to fix this problem. Now i have the game running fine but my save files have all been deleted. I'm gutted. I've got 6 season as Rangers. 4 as Spurs. 5 as Ipswich. I even took Scotland to the world cup semi's and had us Ranked 11th in the world. Now its all gone, i genuinely feel like shedding a tear. Can anyone possibly help me find a solution to fix this?

Finished my season early this morning, lost out to Celtic in the league by 3 points :anguish:

Was 1 point ahead going into the split, then - somehow - drew away to Aberdeen after dominating.

Lost a smash and grab 0-2 to Hibs at Ibrox, then found myself 4 points behind.

Won 1-0 at Porkheid. :D

But Celtic won their last two, and I drew and lost.

Players bottled it tbh, outside the split we had won like 17 of our last 20... So had Celtic though it was a great race.

I think it might have been to do with McCoist leaving (the board wouldn't let me pay him what he wanted) cause suddenly we began to stutter.

I've brought in Albertz as Asst. Manager by the way :)

Anyway, beat Celtic 4-2 in the league cup final, and lost out in the quarters of the Scottish 4-2 in a Parkhead replay, after Fleck missing a last minute pen at Ibrox to out us through the first leg :anguish:

I've brought in Ross McCormack, Goodwillie, Darren McCormack (Hibs as defensive cover) and also from Hibs Lewis Stevenson.. Also, Scott Arfield and Deco :D

Can't mind who I've let go of, quite a lot of players though.

My avg. team age must be at about 23 :P

Just started my second season with a 3-0 win at Tyncastle.

Too many Scottish players there for me.

I sold and replaced almost my whole first team squad in the first window!

That's what I'm going for, well Scottish/British.

Top defence and highest amount of goals last season :D

Just a lack of bottle, so all is well I think.

I find a mish mash of foreigners you get a lot of inconsistency and mistakes.

Paul Hanlon is cracking, already have a few wee epl clubs in for him, upfront McCormack & Goodwillie are wee buzzbombs, also not bad finishers.

What season are you on Papa? How does your team line up?

:cool:

Wow you've been busy in that market haha!

I usually do that, but always end up buying a couple expensive flops :anguish:

I agree with all your sales first season, except I've kept on McCulloch Edu & Boyd, although Boyd doesn't get a start I just find him useful to throw on if you need a goal or at HT.

Oh and Kevin Thomson, I've kept him, getting offers in of about 8 mill, but he's class for me I don't really wanna let him go.

Might consider it next year. Sp*rs are desperate for wee Stevie Davis.. They offered me 10 million, 1.5 upfront and 8.5 to be installed over 30 months! Paha, fucking hate that installments pish.

I do installments all the time.

I bought Rodwell when I had a balance of £0, but put it over 48 months.

Aye its a good way to purchase, but I like to recieve money straight away haha. :P

By the way, don't you find the fans are completely fussy bassas?

That fan confidence thing, they were 'disappointed' when i secured a 0-0 draw away to Wolfsburg, wouldn't call that a bad result :/

How do i insert image in to these text? I've given up hope of retrieving my saved games from before the windows 7 upgrade. Just started off as Rangers again. Still a bit gutted though, i've no proof i took Scotland to the world cup semi's in 2010.

Fuck this British youth team shite I cba :lol:

Good team but I've bought so Many young players planning on slowly bringing them into the team that I can't be arsed.

Starting over and doing what I usually do, selling each cunt one by one :)