Older fans, Alex Ferguson?

gsa

It is a little off topic bearing in mnd all thats happening today but anyway...I have a bit of a query regarding Alex Fergusons time at Rangers, one of my mates who is a huge Man Utd fan (and worships 'Sir Alex' like everyone else seems to) insists he would have become a Rangers legend were it not for his wife being Catholic. Frankly I think he is a hypocritical old bully who has everyone running scared of him and his international record would suggest he was not a great player but rather a decent one. I also believe that other players at Rangers at the time must have had Catholic connections that didn't lead to them being kicked out.

Any older supporters who were around at the time remember what really happened?

Slow day at the rhebel, hherald, evenin thims or wherever ? :sherlock:

No I just wanted to know what guys who were around at that time tought. I dislike Ferguson and Man Utd and suspected there might be more to it than the Catholic wife story. Did you even read my original post? There has been alot of good replies and some good discussion, I love hearing stories about that era when Scottish football was good. What is your problem Bluedignity? Do you not think it was a valid topic on a Rangers discussion board?

Valid enough, but did it to death as you know cause you've been floatin about long enough to know ! Fergie is a cunt, will be looked after from cradle to grave by the lhabour party ! :sherlock:

me i vote conservative

hate alex salmond with a passion

oh and any ****/person who votes snp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a little off topic bearing in mnd all thats happening today but anyway...I have a bit of a query regarding Alex Fergusons time at Rangers, one of my mates who is a huge Man Utd fan (and worships 'Sir Alex' like everyone else seems to) insists he would have become a Rangers legend were it not for his wife being Catholic. Frankly I think he is a hypocritical old bully who has everyone running scared of him and his international record would suggest he was not a great player but rather a decent one. I also believe that other players at Rangers at the time must have had Catholic connections that didn't lead to them being kicked out.

Any older supporters who were around at the time remember what really happened?

I saw him play and he was ok, a decent player. He really used his elbows well. Similar to Maxie Murray in that way.

Cannot remember exactly why he left, but I think there was something about his wife being a Catholic.

Was his father not a catholic and did that not have something to do with it ? I wuill ask ma pal Johnboy as he is close to Darren and he might know - will get back to this wan ?

post-50526-1258284261_thumb.jpg