Connecting Laptop to TV

bluenose_72

Cheeky bassa :lol:

I did actually google it, but just got links to forums without a simple answer. People were too busy explaining set ups and all I wanted to know was if it was as simple as using any kind of HDMI cable.

s-video socket svideo3.jpg

usually you'd have to connect this to a scart socket (the quality is usually shite)

a dvi socket dvi-sedomax_Full.jpg

i use dvi to hdmi and i have no problems playing games or watching videos (also dvi to hdmi cables are dead cheap on ebay)

hdmi socket 7-hdmi-1.jpg

for audio you can use your laptop speakers (if it has them) or speakers plugged into your laptop through the headphone socket

first of all check what your tv supports, then check which your laptop supports, then look on ebay or wherever for the cable you need (example s-video to scart or dvi to hdmi)

hope this helps a little

Ok ill help u out simple way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-DVP5960-Mu...g/dp/B000G2Y59E

Buy this much cheapness less hassle pc free your not stuck with wots on laptop and tv at sametime, then dont get me started on trying to link up the rez between the two as mostly pc has highier rez than tv so u need to change that to get it watchable.

Make sure it's good quality, i bought a shitey one at first and the picture quality was terrible. Lines all over the screen etc...

£25 job from a wee shop on Dumbarton Rd was much better. (tu)

agreed jimbo

best to invest in a decent one.