A key element

we have not one single midfielder that can read the game expertly and halt the opposition in their tracks

what i wouldnt give for brahim hemdani right about now

guy was litterally far too good for the scottish game, and on the euro scene he showed his class time and time again

is it any surprise that we were dynamite at defending at home, until he left

the second stuttgart goal tonight came from a midfield runner who wasnt picked up and tracked all the way

when you have 2 defensive midfielders (1 should normally suffice) we should NEVER get caught on the counter attack like tonight

we have not one single midfielder that can read the game expertly and halt the opposition in their tracks

guy was litterally far too good for the scottish game, and on the euro scene he showed his class time and time again

Couldn't agree more - Brian was a class act sitting in front of the back four.

McCulloch and Thomson cant read a game like Hemdani could

McCulloch was to follow Cacau but whenever he picked up the ball 'Jig' was nowhere to be seen

I know its not favoured among some support but we do need to bring in a foregin coach who can teach the players this

Europe was never Smith's strongest point

Couldn't agree more - Brian was a class act sitting in front of the back four.

Again Walter Smith never realised what he gave to the team and punted him.

Where is this guy that is too good for the scottish game now ? He had a few outstanding games for us in europe but lets not get carried away......he was an ordinary footballer

think you are being harsh mate

his first real season in his natural position and he excelled, and i hate to bring it up again but look at lyon away, and practically every single game in the run to manchester

even in the nou camp and away to stuttgart that rangers team looked like they would at least stay in the game

since our defensive mids became all scottish, we have been over-ran time and time again by an opposing midfield

Manager would rather play McCulloch or Dailly ahead of him.

Brahim Hemdani was a class act, but because he never crashed into tackles, some didn't take to him - that's the Scottish mentality for you.

He kept things simple, could hold onto a ball, pass, move into space, and hold his position, he also knew how to tackle properly, instead of just diving in. A player who was too good for the Scottish game.

Dominated some top sides, and players on the European front, and performed in a lot of games for Rangers.

Rangers POTY in 2006/07 season aswell, so he can't have been that bad ;)

Brahim Hemdani was a class act, but because he never crashed into tackles, some didn't take to him - that's the Scottish mentality for you.

He kept things simple, could hold onto a ball, pass, move into space, and hold his position, he also knew how to tackle properly, instead of just diving in. A player who was too good for the Scottish game.

Dominated some top sides, and players on the European front, and performed in a lot of games for Rangers.

Spot on mate.

Some would have McCulloch over him becase he's a 'Rangers man'. I feel sorry for those people that think this, their knuckles must hurt from dragging them along the ground all day.

aye and when smith arrived he absolutely pished on hemdani,,smith cant and never could spot a class act in his puff...says it all about a joke of a manager tbh..

Anyone got the YouTube video of his performance at the Stade Gerland? I can't find it.

One of the most underrated performances from a Rangers player. He absolutely dominated that match!

Anyone got the YouTube video of his performance at the Stade Gerland? I can't find it.

One of the most underrated performances from a Rangers player. He absolutely dominated that match!

That video is no longer available.

He was TOO good that night :crywank: