Carling Deal

CeeMac

I hate the Carling logo!

By all accounts it was a good deal at the time but im glad its up.

Hope we get a solo sponsor though, hate being branded with the scum.

Great minds mate ;)

:sherlock:

I hate the Carling logo!

Don't see that happening; sponsors alienating almost half of the potential marketplace.

I didnt say it was likely or unlikely, just saying im fed up being dragged about with them as part of the "Old Firm" when it comes to stuff like this.

In response to your reply though, we have had separate sponsors before and there has never been a problem...how many sponsors have we had jointly over the years? I can only think of NTL and Carling.

I hate the Carling logo!

Don't see that happening; sponsors alienating almost half of the potential marketplace.

I didnt say it was likely or unlikely, just saying im fed up being dragged about with them as part of the "Old Firm" when it comes to stuff like this.

In response to your reply though, we have had separate sponsors before and there has never been a problem...how many sponsors have we had jointly over the years? I can only think of NTL and Carling.

True enough, just seems like forever we have been tainted by being tagged with the same sponsor on the shirts, but thinking back; McEwans v Peoples brought great memories.

I hate the Carling logo!

CR Smith were the first shirt sponsor i can remember both teams having

I hate the Carling logo!

I knew both teams were sponsored by them but i didnt think it was at the same time.

I hate the Carling logo!

I knew both teams were sponsored by them but i didnt think it was at the same time.

"In 1984, a little known glazing company CR Smith decided that it would be a good idea to sponsor both Celtic and Rangers. The first company to do so, they quickly discovered that they were on to a winner. According to a spokesperson for the firm, the sponsorship deal "raised the awareness of CR Smith to levels of around 99% very quickly. There's hardly anyone in Scotland that doesn't know us. And even now, people still remember the football sponsorship"

QM, i wouldn't be suprised at red bull as theyve been putting big bucks into promotion and new ventures over the past year or so, including their new record label. They've even signed a Scottish band up to the label!

The Old Firm are still a very desirable package for potential sponsors.

Personally, i'd prefer to see nike making the kits though, with orange as the joint sponsor ;)