Progress

BouncingBear

Whats everyones thoughts the best way to progress when a new owner comes in? Bearing in mind we're stuck in this shitebag league with hardly any funds !

Murray park doesn't seem to be producing much other than Wilson and to an extent Fleck, who tbh I dont think is going to be as great as everyone makes out, and yes I know hes still young.

How are these new owners going to turn things aroung??

We are The Rangers and the state we're in is hurting!

We need to try and generate new revenue streams. It's a lot easier said than done but we have highly paid individuals like the Chief Exec and this should be part of his remit. If him and the team he surrounds himself with cannot do this then they should not be there.

We need a manager that can work under a clearly defined annual budget, has international scouting contacts, can bring out the best in players and plays a style of football that excites and makes people want to come and watch the team.

Spend money on a top class manager who understands the modern game. Give him a certain time frame, 3 years minimum, to utilise his contacts throughout the football world and build a set-up which can be self-sufficient in the long run whilst delivering a reasonable amount of success.

Give us something that is a joy to watch!

Spend money on a top class manager who understands the modern game. Give him a certain time frame, 3 years minimum, to utilise his contacts throughout the football world and build a set-up which can be self-sufficient in the long run whilst delivering a reasonable amount of success.

Do you mean Paul Le Guen?

i was going to say exactly the same thing

with scotlands champions effectively getting a raw deal in getting to the champions league group stages, we should maybe realise that winning the league isnt everything and that a long term plan bearing fruit is far more important

walter was broguth back to steady the ship remember, for some reason we seem as rocky as we were under PLG

Whats everyones thoughts the best way to progress when a new owner comes in? Bearing in mind we're stuck in this shitebag league with hardly any funds !

Murray park doesn't seem to be producing much other than Wilson and to an extent Fleck, who tbh I dont think is going to be as great as everyone makes out, and yes I know hes still young.

How are these new owners going to turn things aroung??

We are The Rangers and the state we're in is hurting!

Perhaps through an injection of equity funding as was stated they were looking at during the AGM?

Just a thought :pipe:

with scotlands champions effectively getting a raw deal in getting to the champions league group stages, we should maybe realise that winning the league isnt everything and that a long term plan bearing fruit is far more important

walter was broguth back to steady the ship remember, for some reason we seem as rocky as we were under PLG

Losing the league to the filth hurts bad but who here would take a long term plan for the benefit, instead of chasing the league just to get one over on them. I think most of us right thinking bears would but, as I said losing to them is a pain that many really really dont like suffering even though it could be for the long term benefit of the club as a whole.

Yet another reason why I and others suggested focusing on Europe, not the bread and butter SPL, which of course was scorned ;)

Progress/success in Europe brings more funding + raises co-efficients + allows the club to attract better players

All of which would have a positive knock on effect. But, of course, beating timmy and winning the SPL is THE goal for some people, and, leads us to where we are.

Losing the league to the filth hurts bad but who here would take a long term plan for the benefit, instead of chasing the league just to get one over on them. I think most of us right thinking bears would but, as I said losing to them is a pain that many really really dont like suffering even though it could be for the long term benefit of the club as a whole.

surely man uniteds dominance of english football should be our benchmark

they suffered for a wee while, now look at the dominance their fans have had to gloat about

give the beggars 4 titles, if it means we will grow a team that is capable of winning the next 8-9 or 10 after that

I'm not sure if that's entirely true, it may just be that we haven't seen the next talented youngsters make that breakthrough yet. Ness could be in line for his debut soon, Wylde is a prospect, we have Loy, Little and Campbell who could make the step up. It's being given the chance that some of these boys need.

That was just another great idea which Murray managed to fuck up due to his tight-fisted, short-term, amateurish approach to it. We could have got so much more from it. PLG underestimated the size of the task he faced, that can't be argued, but he certainly wasn't helped by the players, the chairman, the media or, shamefully, the support. The fact that it didn't work, with everyone having to bear some of the fault, didn't mean that we should have thrown the baby out with the bathwater and did the usual - look back to the future.

Yet another addition in a long line of missed opportunities.

That was just another great idea which Murray managed to fuck up due to his tight-fisted, short-term, amateurish approach to it. We could have got so much more from it. PLG underestimated the size of the task he faced, that can't be argued, but he certainly wasn't helped by the players, the chairman, the media or, shamefully, the support. The fact that it didn't work, with everyone having to bear some of the fault, didn't mean that we should have thrown the baby out with the bathwater and did the usual - look back to the future.

Mate im in no way trying to stick up for SDM but PLG has said himself he had money availiable but he just didnt want to spend it ffs

Mate im in no way trying to stick up for SDM but PLG has said himself he had money availiable but he just didnt want to spend it ffs

I'm not getting into a PLG tit-for-tat. It won't do any good, but he couldn't sign who he wanted, Elmander for instance. The thinking behind his appointment is what I was advocating.

Ok, I have to add to this bit

but he couldn't sign who he wanted, Elmander for instance. The thinking behind his appointment is what I was advocating.

There are a number of reasons he couldnt sign who he wanted, one main one being, maybe they didnt want to come here!

I actually think its good bringing up PLG here, because, after the AGM, with the areas stated we are looking to improve (without firm steps), PLG is a perfect example of a great idea shockingly put into practice! The theory was great, absolutely great, and, I dont think anyone wasnt excited back then, however, it turned out badly for a number of reasons, with blame on all sides.

Far better to decide where the progress/improvements need to be made, and, actually spend time implimenting them properly, rather than another half arsed attempt.

Does anyone know how the players from the PLG reign are getting on at the moment? I think lee martin is in the championship, but as for, phil bardsley, karl svensson etc, where are they?

Svensson was hailed as the next beckenbauer

I'm not getting into a PLG tit-for-tat. It won't do any good, but he couldn't sign who he wanted, Elmander for instance. The thinking behind his appointment is what I was advocating.

Agree with this. I wanted PLG to succeed as much as I want any Rangers employee to succeed. Sadly he wasn't the right man for the job for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure who would've succeeded then with that budget and what he inherited.

I actually sat next to Gordon Smith on a BA flight the week we drew 1-1 with them at Ibrox through Hemdani's late goal. Smith was excellent company and very open and honest. I asked him why we brought Le Guen in and gave him little money to spend. Smith said his understanding was the Club brought in a top class coach and thought he could get everything out the players there so we would not have to spend money and on those we did buy it would be small amounts.

I also asked him why we signed three players from Austria and he said he had no idea and was yet to get to the bottom of it.

I'm not sure if that's entirely true, it may just be that we haven't seen the next talented youngsters make that breakthrough yet. Ness could be in line for his debut soon, Wylde is a prospect, we have Loy, Little and Campbell who could make the step up. It's being given the chance that some of these boys need.

Having Fleck and Wilson step up already, with Ness on the way is a good sign. It's an unrealistic expectation to think that Murray Park will just produce endless world class superstars.

Does anyone know how the players from the PLG reign are getting on at the moment? I think lee martin is in the championship, but as for, phil bardsley, karl svensson etc, where are they?

Svensson was hailed as the next beckenbauer

Off the top of my head:

Clement - PSG

Bardsley - Sunderland

Svensson - Gothenburg

Sionko - Copenhagen

Sebo - Valenciennes

Not 100%.