Tiger taking indefinite leave from golf

TexasGers

From his website,

I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.

I don't think he'll beat Jack Nicklaus record now :(

I was thinking about this the other day, because nobody is even talking about what effect this is going to have on his golf game. What separated Tiger from everybody else on the tour to me was his mental strength, and after all that he's going to go through, it's tough to see him having that edge anymore, which is a shame.

I just hope he sort's everything out, then get's back to what he does best - playing golf to a level that no-one has ever seen, or likely to, and winning!

I want him to break Nicklaus record, but I think he may struggle now. I hope the Tiger we saw on the 18th at Hazeltine after Yang sank the winning putt, the one where he looked down, and lost, is not one we'll continue to see in the coming years.

Also, look at the courses for the 2010 Majors; Augusta National, Pebble Beach, The Old Course, and Whistling Straits - he's won Major's at three of those tracks before. You alway's fancy Tiger when he play's, I'd fancy him to win at least one Major should he compete in them all!

I played Golf all the time & was a member of Moose Valley Golf club in 2000.My mum was taken ill in the August & my m8s were saying come out for a game-it will take your mind off it-I dont know how many times I left the course-couldnt concentrate, was all over the place thinking about her 24/7.

He knows its impossible to play Golf with major problems going on in his life.