Rangers 1872-2010 Results (spreadsheet) Dec 2009

A fantastic bit of work which every Rangers fan should download for reference purposes...

:cool:

Cheers Frankie.

It's a lot more comprehensive this time and hopefully the 'orange boxes' will help folk keep it up to date themselves. It's in the MSExcel2007 format but as I see some of the guys may be able to transfer it - it will look a mess though in the MSExcel2003 format! I think...

That's the last update from me - it can stand on it's own now! I won't be on the net again so good luck to rangerspedia and to your site too Frankie - it's looking good!

Merry Christmas! :spraise:

A fantastic bit of work which every Rangers fan should download for reference purposes...

Cheers Frankie.

It's a lot more comprehensive this time and hopefully the 'orange boxes' will help folk keep it up to date themselves.

That's the last update from me - it can stand on it's own now! I won't be on the net again so good luck to rangerspedia and to your site too Frankie - it's looking good!

just noticed you're from Blairdardie, so am i :D

Cheers Frankie.

It's a lot more comprehensive this time and hopefully the 'orange boxes' will help folk keep it up to date themselves.

just noticed you're from Blairdardie, so am i :D

I always say i'm from the West End of Glasgow! :dry:

Good luck fellow Bears and may 2010 bring us another treble!!! :uk:

Cheers Frankie.

It's a lot more comprehensive this time and hopefully the 'orange boxes' will help folk keep it up to date themselves. It's in the MSExcel2007 format but as I see some of the guys may be able to transfer it - it will look a mess though in the MSExcel2003 format! I think...

i put the report at the end of the 2003 version with everything that doesn't work :lol:

Spreadsheet fans,

I’ve had a change of heart about finishing with the File and because I’ve found a relatively quick checking process (formula driven) I’m going through it to make sure the ENTIRE file is 100% consistent and correct. I will also be transferring the File onto a Database system when I’m happy that all the errors are sorted!

This post is to inform you that there are plenty of errors that derive from the ‘Appearance, Bookings and Goals’ tables. I’m currently working backwards through the seasons to correct all the relevant data – the tables were originally done with just a quick count from me, so ‘human error’ was responsible. Because of work commitments it’ll likely take me a few months to ensure the entire File is consistent and accurate – but you can address these problems yourself with a little bit of time and imagination, spreadsheets really are so straightforward! If you need advice then e-mail me at chicsharp@hotmail.com

The 20th December 2009 update of Rangers 1982-2010 Results (Spreadsheet) will still be the final update from me. It will now remain a private project.

The only way I’ll be resurfacing again in the world of stats is if the new owners of Rangers FC want to hire me – must say the idea of getting hold of the records they have at hand within the Stadium is really appealing, though I won’t be holding my breath on that count as I’m not the most diplomatic of people – Murray was (and still is a parasite)! :D

As a Commie I gladly made the file available to fellow Rangers fans, but I won’t be parting with it again for free. Although the final file has plenty of errors I’m still proud of it because it shows how comprehensive our stats can be how clearly laid out they can be presented - and with that in mind my objective was successful.

Cheers.

Best Wishes for the New Year!

Chic