Players and Standards

I picked up on another thread on how a player can go from hero to zero (and vice versa) within a couple of games at Rangers. I think this is purely due down to our winning mentality, but what is your opinion player-by-player (recent form aside).

McShags and Alexander are two top keepers, but i'd happily cash in on McGregor in January and sign Cerny as a back-up for Neil.

Whittaker is good going forward, but is never Rangers class IMO.

Broadfoot will do. At least him and Nacho will put in a shift, on the cheap, even if they have little talent between them.

Wilson and Boogie are essential, and I hope we sell neither. We should be looking to gel these two and build from the back for the future years.

Papac is rock solid as ever, but is losing a bit of pace (he never had much anyways) and will need to be replaced in a season or two.

Stevie Smith had potential, but sadly will never be more than a cup player for us.

Beasley has to be kept. He is our only natural winger who brings the side to a different level. Same with Davis in the middle of the park.

Thomson and Edu are solid, just need match fitness as their game is all about defensive drive.

I'd cash in on Pedro, goes missing often and we could get good money for a Portugese international. Still a good player to have tho

Naismith is showing why Arsenal and co. backed off him. Has soo much potential, needs a run and needs it soon. Last season for him to prove himself

Fleck needs games and once we have a bigger squad i'd loan him to a club where he can get a run of games.

Lafferty is a player I want away from our club. The diving, late tackles and lazyness are the kind of sc*mmy aspects i'd expect of one of them. Not an Ulsterman

Boyd and Miller have to be kept. Boyd is useless without him, and Miller needs someone to turn his effort into goals as he hasn't got the consistency.

Views :sherlock:

I picked up on another thread on how a player can go from hero to zero (and vice versa) within a couple of games at Rangers. I think this is purely due down to our winning mentality, but what is your opinion player-by-player (recent form aside).

McShags and Alexander are two top keepers, but i'd happily cash in on McGregor in January and sign Cerny as a back-up for Neil.

Whittaker is good going forward, but is never Rangers class IMO.

Broadfoot will do. At least him and Nacho will put in a shift, on the cheap, even if they have little talent between them.

Wilson and Boogie are essential, and I hope we sell neither. We should be looking to gel these two and build from the back for the future years.

Papac is rock solid as ever, but is losing a bit of pace (he never had much anyways) and will need to be replaced in a season or two.

Stevie Smith had potential, but sadly will never be more than a cup player for us.

Beasley has to be kept. He is our only natural winger who brings the side to a different level. Same with Davis in the middle of the park.

Thomson and Edu are solid, just need match fitness as their game is all about defensive drive.

I'd cash in on Pedro, goes missing often and we could get good money for a Portugese international. Still a good player to have tho

Naismith is showing why Arsenal and co. backed off him. Has soo much potential, needs a run and needs it soon. Last season for him to prove himself

Fleck needs games and once we have a bigger squad i'd loan him to a club where he can get a run of games.

Lafferty is a player I want away from our club. The diving, late tackles and lazyness are the kind of sc*mmy aspects i'd expect of one of them. Not an Ulsterman

Boyd and Miller have to be kept. Boyd is useless without him, and Miller needs someone to turn his effort into goals as he hasn't got the consistency.

Views :sherlock:

Yeah i would have to agree with you.

Mendes has ultimately been poor for Rangers for the standard expected from him, so yeah sell him whilst we can get a half decent offer.

I would like to see Stevie Smith and Stevie Naismith given a run in the team, could only help with fitness and confidence. Let's face it Novo and Papac aren't going to be around for much longer, fine as squad players but as first team regulars over the next couple of coming seasons? No. However in saying that, i would much prefer to see Stevie Naismith up front getting a run, because lets face it king of inconsistency Kenny Miller will eventually have a dip in form and have everyone hating him once more.

Lafferty MUST be shown the door. I've never seen a player of his height be out jumped by people half his size. Far too interested in his weekly wage im afraid.

The rest of your points id also generally agree with. I think when Thomson and Edu are actually fit it gives us good options in the middle of the park along with Davis, and a little bit of pace out wide with Beasley.

Id love Boyd to stay, but i doubt he will sadly and the same with Bougie.

I will be interested to see come the start of next season who is still at Rangers.