Roberto Mancini - breath of fresh air

Boab

Wasn't keen on the Hughes being sacked at first but Roberto he's been a breath of fresh air to City IMO.

While he's played 3 teams who you would perhaps have expected Sparky to have seen City seen through, he had City well and with even Petrov showing a work-rate and the defence looking that bit more solid.

The big test is Everton today and though I could see it being a draw, I reckon that regardless of tomorrow, we really could see City finish 4th under Mancini in particular with Liverpool struggling and Tottenham only being their real rivals IMO as I feel Villa will eventually fade.

I didn't believe City would be top four if Mark Hughes was in charge for the season.

I think they have a good chance of it now, though, with Mancini in charge. I hope one of them, Villa or Spurs make it to fourth ahead of Liverpool.

I think there should be a wait and see approach to Mancini, as Boab said they haven't really played anyone too special. Just had a look at their schedule and in late Feb/early March they play Liverpool/Chelsea/Tottenham consecutively so we'll see what they are made of then.

He's a good manager though, and if the players buy into his system (and early indications are they have), then Man City could very well be challenging for 4th

I think there should be a wait and see approach to Mancini, as Boab said they haven't really played anyone too special. Just had a look at their schedule and in late Feb/early March they play Liverpool/Chelsea/Tottenham consecutively so we'll see what they are made of then.

He's a good manager though, and if the players buy into his system (and early indications are they have), then Man City could very well be challenging for 4th

Certainly too soon to jump the gun but we'll learn a lot over the next few weeks with the Manchester Derbies, tonight's game and in February City then have Spurs at home and Chelsea away.

My burd is a City fan and it's great to see them doing so well now. Mancini has done really well against opposition that you'd expect them to beat but it's his decisions to bring in Garrido, Petrov and Benjani in from the cold that shows real signs of promise as far as I'm concerned. Today is a real test and a victory will prove there mettle.

• 5 months later...

Instead of puberty, at the age of 14 Platt clearly went from young adolescent to middle aged man in the space of a week :pipe: