Breaking News: PREVIEW RM's New Radio Clyde Advertisement

RR isn't an east coast station - as Scot Fm it was based in Edinburgh for a while but then moved through to Glasgow a number of yhears ago.

At the Trust we did some consultation work before making a couple of radio adverts with some PR firms and every one of them recommended Real Radio because of their better figures, better reputation amongst bears and their association with Setanta.

But each to their own and as I said, all the best with the ad - it does sound very good.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was there any positives in there

ffs clyde are the west of scotland radio station rr is an east coast station who have moved over to the west, also i think that you will find that clydes figures for the central scotland area are greater than rr, do you think we are that stupid that we would not look into this before commiting to any deal...............................

How many celtic posters do you wish to recruit?

We deal with all new members eaqually SP. Anyone screws up, its the same as always. Ive quite a list of banned members to my name now. Im not shy, trust me.

So what constitutes a banning offence? I'm dying to know.

I listen to both Clyde & Real Radio.

I find Clyde are more about the facs of the match whereas RR is more about the humour in the situation.

I like both and i think the advert will provide a lot of traffic for the site & the forum.

Well done to AB, CR & the rest of the RM team.

ffs clyde are the west of scotland radio station rr is an east coast station who have moved over to the west, also i think that you will find that clydes figures for the central scotland area are greater than rr, do you think we are that stupid that we would not look into this before commiting to any deal...............................

We deal with all new members eaqually SP. Anyone screws up, its the same as always. Ive quite a list of banned members to my name now. Im not shy, trust me.

read the rules mate they are there for all to see

I think it's pretty sad that something that can only have a positive effect for the site is treated like an act of treason.

Did Radio Clyde rape and pillage your town by any chance?

FFS It's business and if it gets us noticed by a wider audience then it's ok by me.

I can't really be arsed. Show me one I've broken. Unless there's one that says hug a sellik fan every hour. They'll love us eventually.

Theses are the Forum Rules. Have a look SP (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26

I can't really be arsed. Show me one I've broken. Unless there's one that says hug a sellik fan every hour. They'll love us eventually.

read the rules and stop being a fuddy

Absolutley tremendous AB it is a credit to the site and your effort isn't lost on this bear!

The anticipation of what this could do for the site is unreal.

championee championee championee

I think it's pretty sad that something that can only have a positive effect for the site is treated like an act of treason.

FFS It's business and if it gets us noticed by a wider audience then it's ok by me.

Hear Hear!

My town is fine. It's called Glasgow. It could be improved.

One of the improvements would be getting rid of it's local radio station, which is a mouthpiece for celtic, like it or not. Sure they'll take your money, but by christ they'll destroy your football team.

read the rules and stop being a fuddy

I still can't be arsed. But I am sure there's one about being respectful and not abusing fellow posters.

And it's Mr. Fuddy to you. :pipeguy:

this is untrue

As of December 2006, RR had the bigger audience share. Not by a great deal but it was bigger and it has a better repuation amongst Rangers fans.

I'm not trying to disrespect you mate. You have done a fine job but I'm just offering some contructive criticism. If you want a discount with RR (or Setanta) give me a shout.

Look, a lot of work has obviously been put into this and I find it dissapointing that people would simply look at the negatives, The advert is seriously awesome and since ive seen this site go from nothing to having adverts on radio in a short space of time and I couldnt help myself smiling when I heard it - Its an awesome ad in my eyes

My town is fine. It's called Glasgow. It could be improved.

One of the improvements would be getting rid of it's local radio station, which is a mouthpiece for celtic, like it or not. Sure they'll take your money, but by christ they'll destroy your football team.

The local radio station you are talking about is not officially in Glasgow, it's in Clydebank, Dunbartonshire.

Your local radio station would probably be Radio Scotland. Have fun. :D

this is untrue

As of December 2006, RR had the bigger audience share. Not by a great deal but it was bigger and it has a better repuation amongst Rangers fans.

I'm not trying to disrespect you mate. You have done a fine job but I'm just offering some contructive criticism. If you want a discount with RR (or Setanta) give me a shout.

ok mate i just think this is free advertising for the rst tbh, a discount with rr and setanta would be good if we could get it as the advertising is just getting started

Hi everyone.

I think that getting a Rangers advert on Clyde is wonderful for RM. Its nice to see some bears getting airtime.

It is good. However, I have to inform you that a cash transaction is required. And Mr Paul Cooney, of near to Bothwell Bridge, serial Rangers hater, and manipulator of the agenda on his own radio station, is laughing up his sleeve.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nice ad. As I cynical old bassa (I know, I jest) I just don't see the point. But I suppose kids more naive than I hope mine will be, still listen.

IMO RR would have been better.

I cannot understand any negative reaction to the Clyde Ad. Were breaking new ground here, paid for by our members, loyal and true. A lot of people, some I know, who are not flush regarding money have put into this.

I would appreciate some consideration when commenting.

Thank you. Coop.

The local radio station you are talking about is not officially in Glasgow, it's in Clydebank, Dunbartonshire.

Your local radio station would probably be Radio Scotland. Have fun. :D

Ah. Hugh Keevins is a Bankie fan after all.

Thanks for that. championee