Kris Boyd wants Birmingham City move

Any poacher worth their salt should be getting 20 a season in the SPL for either Old Firm side.

That's not belittling Boyd's achievements, but I think it should be expected.

Any striker playing for Rangers on a regular basis should be banging in 20 goals a season in the SPL!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any poacher worth their salt should be getting 20 a season in the SPL for either Old Firm side.

Any striker playing for Rangers on a regular basis should be banging in 20 goals a season in the SPL!

Moreso when you're getting a seven or eight goal head-start as the penalty taker.

Moreso when you're getting a seven or eight goal head-start as the penalty taker.

Kenny Miller is on 15 SPL goals this season. If he took penalties he would have more. Think about the chances he misses!

Stokes is on 18, Riordan 11, Jon Daly who was injured at the start of the season, is on 12... a good striker should be scoring 20+ league goals, especially at Rangers or celtc.

Robbie Keane has 8 league goals since joining in January.

Have heard that KB has sold hid house and has agreed 4 year deal with Birmingham City.

if this was the case it would be in the news by now, I hope he goes and we bring in someone thats commited to rangers N won't just move down south for money. because lets face it he is not going to stuggle to live on 12k per week. :wink:

Kenny Miller is on 15 SPL goals this season. If he took penalties he would have more. Think about the chances he misses!

Stokes is on 18, Riordan 11, Jon Daly who was injured at the start of the season, is on 12... a good striker should be scoring 20+ league goals, especially at Rangers or celtc.

Robbie Keane has 8 league goals since joining in January.

Done some investigating on that one;

Kenny Miller is on 15 SPL goals with one penalty.

Boyd is on 21 SPL goals, with six penalties.

And I've just noticed that Boyd's last goal from open play in the SPL was on Wednesday February 10 against Motherwell, FIFTY FOUR days ago!

Velicka, if he regains his form from the last time in the SPL after his injury, will be able to score a fair few - he did at Hearts, and Miller has a 1/3 strike rate.

Hardly a substitute for Boyd, but i think we signed him as a replacement should Boyd have left that year. Just my opinion. but that does depend on him recovering from his injury...

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Eck is doing my head in now, disrespectful cunt hes acting like since January

What any manager would do.

Pg, correct me if i'm wrong, boyd was injured no?

Boyds last goal from open play came against Motherwell at Fir Park & that was his first game back from injury.

He's on a terrible run that too many people are overlooking simply because Lafferty is the most likely alternative.

"Birmingham manager Alex McLeish believes Rangers striker Kris Boyd, whose contract runs out in two months, wants to move to Birmingham City.

Boyd played under McLeish at Rangers and Scotland, but the Blues boss admits it will ultimately be Boyd's decision to move to the Premier League.

"We spoke to Kris, but it seems to have gone a little bit quiet," said McLeish.

"I know Boyd would like to play for me again but it has got to be right for him and his family."

McLeish reignited his pursuit of 26-year-old Boyd in March, but revealed that the Scottish Premier League's top striker was also talking to other clubs.

Boyd has hinted that he could stay at Ibrox if Walter Smith remains manager, although debt problems at Rangers could place severe restrictions on their ability to bring in new recruits or offer current players new contracts.

Birmingham renewed their interest in Boyd during the January transfer window, but Blackburn, Wigan, Hull, Middlesbrough, Hertha Berlin and Galatasaray were all been linked with the striker and he ultimate chose to remain at Ibrox.

"It is still ongoing," said McLeish.

"He is talking to other clubs - I said that a couple of weeks ago - and that is still the case.

"We are working on a number of things now and I don't like discussing our business publicly."

BBC Scotland believes there is no truth in reports that Boyd has already signed a pre-contract agreement with Birmingham."

http://news.bbc.co.u...ers/8601783.stm

:anguish:

Good post mate, great way to boost morale for the final push to the title. :wink:

Velicka, if he regains his form from the last time in the SPL after his injury, will be able to score a fair few - he did at Hearts, and Miller has a 1/3 strike rate.

Hardly a substitute for Boyd, but i think we signed him as a replacement should Boyd have left that year. Just my opinion. but that does depend on him recovering from his injury...

I said in an earlier thread that it wont suprise me if he is our top scorer next season. If we need another lazy bassa that does little but score, hes our man!

the thing that is standing out for me is that many of the matches since his return there have been few chances that have actually fallen to Boyd. It is really strange, it is not as if he is missing loads of chances, they are not coming to him. Now even at his most immobile he still managed to be on the end of chances. Strange.

He has been playing rubbish since his return, no doubt about it but I wonder if his trying to be a more rounded player (however poor that may be) is impacted on his presence in the box.

Looking at those penalty stats between Miller and Boyd

Take away Boyds penalties and hes scored the same amount as Miller , am i correct?

If so then he should be doing better than this, needs to be dropped for upcoming matches as i feel hes not putting effort in whatsoever

Eck is doing my head in now, disrespectful cunt hes acting like since January

It's a shocker if he goes but we only have ourselves to blame. We've tried to punt him 2 years in a row (Cardiff then Brum if i remember correctly). The blame here falls at Murray's door for his shocking handling of the clubs financial affairs.

Indeed will be a shame to lose such a goalscorer and Boydy loves us!

Pissing me off though Eck coming out every interview talking about our player, which is unsettling him for sure