Walter Smith

Jamie1807

Has anyone on this seen Walter playing in the flesh or video footage? Was wondering what he was like as a footballer?

I know that he was a defender and often described as a 'unspectacular but a decent player'

Has anyone on this seen Walter playing in the flesh or video footage? Was wondering what he was like as a footballer?

I know that he was a defender and often described as a 'unspectacular but a decent player'

Never saw him play but I think he played against THE ENEMY in the cup final for Dundee United in 1974 in white boots although I may be wrong but I dont think I am think I'll google it. :uk:

Never saw him play but I think he played against THE ENEMY in the cup final for Dundee United in 1974 in white boots although I may be wrong but I dont think I am think I'll google it. :uk:

I've got the book 'Silver Smith' but it doesn't concentrate much on his playing career.

But it does have a picture of that game, and he was wearing black boots, but he has left King Kenny out on his arse :lol:

I've got the book 'Silver Smith' but it doesn't concentrate much on his playing career.

But it does have a picture of that game, and he was wearing black boots, but he has left King Kenny out on his arse :lol:

Yes Walter and Archie Knox played in that final against THE ENEMY although I've still a memory of a united player wearing white boots maybe it was Archie. :uk: