Just watched the UEFA Cup Final

billyc79

haven't watched the game since, couldn't bear it.

Wasn't Cousin suspended (would have made a real difference). I remember the penalty claim too.

but we'll be back. I honestly believe our time will come in my lifetime, we'll win the Uefa cup along the way, but we'll get the big prize once the playing field is a bit more even.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down in manchester like thousands of others. And to this day i have only witnessed the game from the 50th minute onwards thanks to the screens failing at picadilly gardens. Was told the velodrome at stadium was a 5min walk by a copper....more like 45!

That's exactly what happened with us.

Was quite happy getting to velodrome & seeing 0-0 - then left there more upset than I've been in a long time. Despise Manchester & everything about it for all that happened from 7:45 that night onwards.

I especialy hate that advert with Chris Hoy for 1 of the cereals.... fucking velodrome. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sickens me we had a Scottish cup final

2 old firm games in the space of like 5 days at the piggory

and the SPL wouldn't give us a fucking break to make a name for Scottish football.

Fuck the SPL!

We hadn't conceeded a goal in 8 hours of UEFA Cup football, fucking tremendous achievement.

I always forget how late their first goal actually came, too. Gutting that we couldn't win it but that Zenit team was top class.

well said mate (tu)

Feel proud to have got there, but also really bloody angry at the SPL and everyone in Scottish football being hellbent on ruining it for us. Shitey pitches and games getting cancelled that season, due to no fault of our own, really took its toll :( . All that gets mentioned about the Uefa Cup final isn't the 200,000 fans that invaded the city and the brilliant atmosphere, it's the few trouble makers that looked to cause trouble.

But its the game in Florence that i really look back on with pride. Papacs penalty :drool: :drool: :drool: