Might not be the greatest decade ever but

Steakbake

Having just clinched our 113th major honour looking back over the last decade since the conclusion of the 1999/2000 season and the 'orange'cup final against Aberdeen we have had some difficult times as Rangers fans when the standard of player has dropped against the financial turmoil the club has found itself in.

Over these 10 years we have still managed to win 4 titles,4 Scottish Cups and 5 League Cups against Celtic's 13 major honours and matched them in reaching a European final.When i hear some say that it's 'the worst ever' you only have to look back to the period's of 1964-1975 and 1978-1987 when combined we only won 11 trophies to see the real dark days.

Rangers fans can look back over the last 10 years and reflect that our European dreams are as far away as ever due to the current standing of Scottish football but also reminisce over some magical moments like Big Bert's thunderbolt,Lovenkrands last minute winner,a treble in 2003 including the drama of the final league game against Dunfermline,Helicopter Sunday which is my best ever,the night in Fiorentina and Manchester,to the titles at Tannadice and Easter Road to name but a few.

So just remember bears although attendances are falling everywhere we still support the greatest team in the world where friendships are formed that last a lifetime.WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

Usually find people saying its the worst team ever were brought up during 9IAR. Spoiled with success at an early age can be a good thing and a bad thing.

Real low points of the last decade for me being a midweek fixture at Almondvale under McLeish, 2-2 I think it finished? Horrible night and horrible memories in the middle of a horrible run / Celtic skelping us at Ibrox 3-0 twice and 6-2 at Parkhead / Viktoria Zizkov and Kaunas in Europe along with Manchester. Nights you want to forget.

Good memories of the last decade completely outclass the bad memories though.

Orange Cup Final, McLeish treble, McLeish last 16, Uefa Cup Run, Not conceeding a goal at Ibrox against Tims under Smith in 4?? games.... Brilliant times.

Came through it together as a support though. Plenty of arguements, fall outs and disagreements throughout these years but not once did our average attendance plummet. We have the best travelling support in Britain, if not Europe and although our Home support aint what it used to be vocally we still have 45k+ every other Saturday.

Usually find people saying its the worst team ever were brought up during 9IAR. Spoiled with success at an early age can be a good thing and a bad thing.

Real low points of the last decade for me being a midweek fixture at Almondvale under McLeish, 2-2 I think it finished? Horrible night and horrible memories in the middle of a horrible run / Celtic skelping us at Ibrox 3-0 twice and 6-2 at Parkhead / Viktoria Zizkov and Kaunas in Europe along with Manchester. Nights you want to forget.

Good memories of the last decade completely outclass the bad memories though.

Orange Cup Final, McLeish treble, McLeish last 16, Uefa Cup Run, Not conceeding a goal at Ibrox against Tims under Smith in 4?? games.... Brilliant times.

Came through it together as a support though. Plenty of arguements, fall outs and disagreements throughout these years but not once did our average attendance plummet. We have the best travelling support in Britain, if not Europe and although our Home support aint what it used to be vocally we still have 45k+ every other Saturday.

Think the 2-2 game at Almondvale we were 2-0 up as well!

Its great to win any trophy as history will show in later years when i am long gone. The standard of our football has not been pretty to watch, but as long as we win its the main thing. I hope that we start to play good attacking football again, to encourage our younger fans to keep supporting the club.

Fantastic post steakbake. Its true though its been a funny old decade with highs and lows, possibly more lows than highs? Hmmmm, possibly. Anyway to win as much as we have compared with other bleak periods is a tremendous achievment and while there have been some lows, the highs have been unreal. One thing is for sure, right now I am so proud to be a bear, more so than usual. We ARE the champions and we are the people.

nice post steakbake but you took today off work and you only came up with this

helicopter sunday was possibly the best title win although winning it at the brendanbau was also up there

Winning it at the tattiedome was sweet but that was last decade.

nice post steakbake but you took today off work and you only came up with this

helicopter sunday was possibly the best title win although winning it at the brendanbau was also up there

Winning it at the tattiedome was sweet but that was last decade.

with the amount of swally weve had im convinced the last decade lasted 12 years

@Fishtank and Steakbake

Was SD handing out gold medals like he did last year? Mine is still hanging up on my living room wall

Don't know MisterC-i had to go through on the train yesterday!

@Fishtank and Steakbake

Was SD handing out gold medals like he did last year? Mine is still hanging up on my living room wall

yes mate i woke up with mine still on

Always a good sign mate! :lol: Jambo was telling me PRW was nuts after the game, a big bouncy in the middle of the road, wish I could've been there to see that!

@Fishtank and Steakbake

From what fishtank said looks like you missed out on one mate :( Did you manage to get a ticket mate?

@Fishtank and Steakbake

From what fishtank said looks like you missed out on one mate :( Did you manage to get a ticket mate?

Thankfully i got one mate-happy days!

@Fishtank and Steakbake

Thankfully i got one mate-happy days!

Good stuff mate, glad you got one. I know a hell of a lot of deserving bears missed out yesterday, as you follow follow anywhere and everywhere you deserved your place in the crowd. :)

Nuthin wrang wae the last decade, when yeeve hid tae watch us against Chesterfield in the Anglo-Scottish Cup then yees wid hiv hud something tae greet aboot. You weans are spiilt a tell ye, spiilt ! Anywies am lookin forward tae Watties 10IAR. And a point blank refuse tae leave this mortal coil until we win the EC whateffer form it comes in. :sherlock:

not once did our average attendance plummet.

Good post, but I disagree slightly with this. In the last few months of the 2003/04 season our crowds nosedived.

I suppose it's the exception that proves the rule.

Even still when we knew there were gonna be tough seasons the punters still turned out to watch and the away fans continued to go and support Rangers whatever the circumstances.

Good post, but I disagree slightly with this. In the last few months of the 2003/04 season our crowds nosedived.

Even still when we knew there were gonna be tough seasons the punters still turned out to watch and the away fans continued to go and support Rangers whatever the circumstances.

The lads that go to the away games through thick and thin over the years have got to be commended. Particularly this year when cash is short. They have made the difference to a few of the results I'm sure, they have indeed been like an extra man ! :sherlock:

The lads that go to the away games through thick and thin over the years have got to be commended. Particularly this year when cash is short. They have made the difference to a few of the results I'm sure, they have indeed been like an extra man ! :sherlock:

They certainly have BD. I've been a few times to away games this season and the support the fans give is immense, if only more of the fans at Ibrox could be like the away fans are however thats for another day.

They certainly have BD. I've been a few times to away games this season and the support the fans give is immense, if only more of the fans at Ibrox could be like the away fans are however thats for another day.

It is for another day and hopefully that day isn't far away. New blood at the top will give the place a buzz again. :sherlock:

Having just clinched our 113th major honour looking back over the last decade since the conclusion of the 1999/2000 season and the 'orange'cup final against Aberdeen we have had some difficult times as Rangers fans when the standard of player has dropped against the financial turmoil the club has found itself in.

Over these 10 years we have still managed to win 4 titles,4 Scottish Cups and 5 League Cups against Celtic's 13 major honours and matched them in reaching a European final.When i hear some say that it's 'the worst ever' you only have to look back to the period's of 1964-1975 and 1978-1987 when combined we only won 11 trophies to see the real dark days.

Rangers fans can look back over the last 10 years and reflect that our European dreams are as far away as ever due to the current standing of Scottish football but also reminisce over some magical moments like Big Bert's thunderbolt,Lovenkrands last minute winner,a treble in 2003 including the drama of the final league game against Dunfermline,Helicopter Sunday which is my best ever,the night in Fiorentina and Manchester,to the titles at Tannadice and Easter Road to name but a few.

So just remember bears although attendances are falling everywhere we still support the greatest team in the world where friendships are formed that last a lifetime.WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

I may be sentimental but you are a cheeky chappie!

Yer probably right mate, got caught up in the occasion.

:D!