Boston 21st July, Fenway Park

lylad

if they play in toronto it will be at BMO Field.

if they played in toronto, it would be at the rogers center! BMO is way to small for this sort of match. Although i would rather it here in toronto than boston, just cos i live a half hour away

BBC is also reporting that things are getting close. I'm still a bit baffled why this isn't happening at Gillette, but oh well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8641521.stm

is the gilette stadium bigger?

Gillette is 75,000 and is made for football--both American and normal. Fenway is a baseball park and holds 37,500. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

The Red Sox are playing away from home that week. Pity the 21st is a Wednesday too, much rather have a weekend game at Gillette.

I also would rather have American commentators than the scum minded one likes Crocker and Nicholas. 21.gif

I have been to Gillette Stadium once when I saw the US play England in the spring or summer of 1992 or 1993. That was before they made changes to the stadium, I think. I also had been to Fenway Park when I saw the Bosox lose to the Minnesota Twins. Both are quite obviously different in terms of seating. At Gillette, there is ample parking, but at Fenway, the best way to get there is taking the T (subway) and walk to Fenway. That was what I remember in the late 1980s, so things may have changed. It was really fun walking behind the Green Monster on the way back to the T.

Gillette Stadium (I've heard that some ppl call it Razor Stadium)

gillette-stadium-1_3.jpg

Fenway Park

BOSTON~Fenway-Park-Boston-Massachusetts-Posters.jpg

fenway.jpg

Bit unfortunate that it has to be in Boston, as clearly the local media and population will most likely be biased in Septics favour.

But we have to reach out to football fans in NA. My dad was in Utah the other week, and got talking to a guy working in a shop about football. Turned out that the lad was Rangers daft. He'd became a follower of Rangers for the simple reason that Claudio Reyna was this guy's idol. He told my dad, that there is great interest over there about Rangers because of Beasley and Edu, and that there was a great sense of pride amongst the U.S. football fans when they saw Edu score the last gasp winner for us in the derby. Yet if this lad wants to buy any Rangers gear he can't find it in any sports shop and has to order online, which means paying extra money, and a fairly long wait. He also mentioned that Celtic sell gear in almost every sports shop over there, along with Man UTD, Chelsea, Barcelona etc.

We need to do more to promote ourselves over there and earn fans, and reward fans such as the guy my dad met, and playing matches over there is definately something we should do. I've already said in countless other threads why I'm against a friendly with the scum in Boston, but if it goes ahead we have to make the best of it.

I have been to Gillette Stadium once when I saw the US play England in the spring or summer of 1992 or 1993. That was before they made changes to the stadium, I think. I also had been to Fenway Park when I saw the Bosox lose to the Minnesota Twins. Both are quite obviously different in terms of seating. At Gillette, there is ample parking, but at Fenway, the best way to get there is taking the T (subway) and walk to Fenway. That was what I remember in the late 1980s, so things may have changed. It was really fun walking behind the Green Monster on the way back to the T.

Gillette Stadium (I've heard that some ppl call it Razor Stadium)

gillette-stadium-1_3.jpg

Fenway Park

BOSTON~Fenway-Park-Boston-Massachusetts-Posters.jpg

fenway.jpg

Even timmy will struggle to throw coins at the referee from that distance :D

Bit unfortunate that it has to be in Boston, as clearly the local media and population will most likely be biased in Septics favour.

But we have to reach out to football fans in NA. My dad was in Utah the other week, and got talking to a guy working in a shop about football. Turned out that the lad was Rangers daft. He'd became a follower of Rangers for the simple reason that Claudio Reyna was this guy's idol. He told my dad, that there is great interest over there about Rangers because of Beasley and Edu, and that there was a great sense of pride amongst the U.S. football fans when they saw Edu score the last gasp winner for us in the derby. Yet if this lad wants to buy any Rangers gear he can't find it in any sports shop and has to order online, which means paying extra money, and a fairly long wait. He also mentioned that Celtic sell gear in almost every sports shop over there, along with Man UTD, Chelsea, Barcelona etc.

We need to do more to promote ourselves over there and earn fans, and reward fans such as the guy my dad met, and playing matches over there is definately something we should do. I've already said in countless other threads why I'm against a friendly with the scum in Boston, but if it goes ahead we have to make the best of it.

Same with me :)

On January 1, 2010, the Boston Bruins played the Philadelphia Flyers in the Winter Classic at Fenway Park. I saw most of the game on TV, and it was interesting to see how they set up the rink in the middle of the baseball field.

I'm sure they will be flogging themselves for all they are worth I just wonder what would happen if a couple of days before the game a picture of the tim at Ibrox making the aeoroplane gesture to Reyna found it's way into the Boston media pipeb.gif

The Celtic PR machine will probably come up with an answer to that one. He'd be a bear in the Celtic end just trying to make them look bad :pipe:

if they play in toronto it will be at BMO Field.

if they played in toronto, it would be at the rogers center! BMO is way to small for this sort of match. Although i would rather it here in toronto than boston, just cos i live a half hour away

me to :clap:

Has the first round of the Champions league qualifiers dates been announced yet? 21st of July might be close to when the excrement smeared, pish stained lowlife might have to start qualifying. A couple of broken legs would not go wrong.

Has the first round of the Champions league qualifiers dates been announced yet? 21st of July might be close to when the excrement smeared, pish stained lowlife might have to start qualifying. A couple of broken legs would not go wrong.

I'd be happy to do it, just wear a Septic top and claim to be a disgruntled Thim :wink: (joking, I'd never wear that crap top..) :lol:

The suggestion of an old firm game in Boston has bad news written all over it from a Rangers perspective.

Apart from cash we would gain nothing from it. It would amount to a plastic paddy love in and a RAceltic PR exercise the likes of which we've never seen.

A total no win situation for big bad Rangers and their extremist fans... Fuck this whole idea. :anguish: :anguish:

Will they be selling tea at the ground or is that still a bit of a touchy subject 10310.gif

Im expecting the tims to demand a minutes silence in remembrance of victims of the Irish famine! :pipe:

No doubt closely followed by passing the bag around for the ra :wink:

The suggestion of an old firm game in Boston has bad news written all over it from a Rangers perspective.

Apart from cash we would gain nothing from it. It would amount to a plastic paddy love in and a RAceltic PR exercise the likes of which we've never seen.

A total no win situation for big bad Rangers and their extremist fans... Fuck this whole idea. :anguish: :anguish:

Well if something happens Murray and Bain can't say they weren't warned ... and so another trumped up charge will be added to the list ... Barcelona, Manchester, Boston :dry: