Hell Watching Rangers Party

MARC CROSAS has revealed the pain of seeing Rangers parade the SPL trophy has fuelled his desire to stay at Celtic and fight for the title.

Gers partied on Sunday after making it two in a row and Crosas will suffer further pain when he watches Scottish Cup conquerers Ross County face Dundee United at Hampden this weekend.

But the Spanish star, who is one of just two players who haven't featured for caretaker Hoops boss Neil Lennon since THAT 2-0 semi-final loss to County, has no intention of quitting yet.

Malaga were linked with a swoop in January and former side Barcelona have an option to re-sign him for £1.35million in the summer.

But the midfielder, who has made 26 appearances for the Hoops this term, said: "I've got two more years at Celtic and my intention is clear - I want to stay and finish my contract.

"Who knows? I may well want to sign another contract when the time comes because I love it here. I certainly don't want to leave.

"I don't even want to think about leaving Glasgow. It's a wonderful place and every time my family come over here they see how happy I am. That's important to me.

"You never know what can happen in football and a new manager could come in and not want me and if that's the case then I have to find another option.

"I'm a footballer and above everything else I want to play football. The only game I've played for Neil Lennon was against Ross County and it's been hard watching since.

"But every day I give my best in training to change the managers mind and when I get an opportunity next season I want to take it. I feel there are things I need to help put right next year. It's not just been a bad year for me personally but also for the club.

"The club and the brilliant fans deserve more than they got this season. Much more.

"When you see other teams in a final or someone lifting a trophy it's hard to take. It was hard when Rangers got the league trophy and it is going to be hard when the Scottish Cup Final kicks off.

"Part of you thinks: 'That should be us with our hands on the cup,' but it isn't.

"We want success. We want to get our hands on the trophies and I hope I can be with Celtic to deliver that.

"The table at the end of the season shows we're six points behind Rangers but that doesn't tell the whole story.

"In reality the gap has been bigger. At some stages it has been ten or more points and that hurts.

"Celtic need to be better and if I can stay then I hope I can help to turn it around."

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Morten Rasmussen's World Cup dream is hanging by a thread after he missed out on Denmark's provisional 26-man squad.

The Celtic striker is one of four players on a stand-by list named by coach Morten Olsen.

Rasmussen has failed to tie down a regular place with Celts since his January move from Brondby.

Former Rangers keeper Jesper Christiansen is in the squad which will be cut to 23 before the finals.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2967442/It-was-hell-watching-Gers-party.html#ixzz0nZYsQvOR

Well it was good to know he was watching!