Everyone happy if Ally were to replace Walter?

nvager

Its amazing to me how he splits the support in this question. I still think it is hard to judge him in cups where we have deliberately played weakened teams.

In the early rounds, yes we have.

But in the business end of comeptitions we have generally had our strongest possible teams out and with the exception of the game that we humped Hamilton in we have still huffed and puffed our way through games.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its amazing to me how he splits the support in this question. I still think it is hard to judge him in cups where we have deliberately played weakened teams.

But in the business end of comeptitions we have generally had our strongest possible teams out and with the exception of the game that we humped Hamilton in we have still huffed and puffed our way through games.

When we lost the Scottish cup replay at Tannadice we had a weakened team out.

The only three games where we have had weakened teams out were the two games against the Dundee clubs this season and the game against East Fife last year.

What about the early round trips to clubs like QOTS, Partick & a then first division St Johnstone?

What about the cup finals against St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Falkirk & QOTS?

In all of these games we had a strong 11 out, yet in all these games we were second best for large spells.

Without an experienced head like Smith to oversee/intervene the results could have been very different.

McCoist is a massive risk and I'm not convinced, but on the flip side he's never failed at anything in his footballing career and as GCL says he's one of the luckiest guys around and any manager needs luck to succed.

The only three games where we have had weakened teams out were the two games against the Dundee clubs this season and the game against East Fife last year.

What about the early round trips to clubs like QOTS, Partick & a then first division St Johnstone?

What about the cup finals against St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Falkirk & QOTS?

In all of these games we had a strong 11 out, yet in all these games we were second best for large spells.

Without an experienced head like Smith to oversee/intervene the results could have been very different.

McCoist is a massive risk and I'm not convinced, but on the flip side he's never failed at anything in his footballing career and as GCL says he's one of the luckiest guys around and any manager needs luck to succed.

You like me are on the fence when it comes to Ally as manager. Not convinced either way. We will just have to see what WS decides to do. After all his meetings I hope he decides quickly.

We dont play particularly weakened teams, its usually just about the same 11 every week at Rangers.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

if ally gets the job then i am 100% be hind him after all ally has rangers at heart :praise:

:rolleyes: