Steven Smith

skinner05

Quite surprised that its a league 1 team looking at him, id have thought a Championship team would have came in for him, but id expect him to be playing for a playoff chasing Championship side within 2 seasons if he can keep away from bad injuries

I would be surprised if he went to league one, as long as he stays injury free he is a excellent player.

To the OP, unlucky last night mate. (tu)

Nothing unlucky about it. We have too many youngsters and completely bottled it. We'll bounce back next year though if we can add a bit of experience to the side

Tell your manager to go get Hemdani... Still have no idea how that guy is without a club

UEFA Cup Finalist (twice) and captain of Marseille

Could still do a job at league 1

Spot on Waltersgotstyle. :wink: Hendami had a wee bit of class and his pedigree suggests he would do a very good job for a div one side.

Strange no big clubs down south ever persued the big fella ?

Can't quite understand that one.

When he first broke through he was an absolutely cracking player, destined to be Rangers and Scotland's first choice left back for years to come.

I didn't think he was ever anymore than an exciting prospect. Never got anywhere near the heights you suggest, at least not for me.

Smith I feel had the potential to be a great player both for us and for Scotland, initially his pelvic injury sidelined him for quite a long period of time, and if I remember correctly he also got some form of illness which added to his woes, I'm sure at one time there were concerns that he would have to retire from professional football permanently, luckily for him that never happened and it's a testament to his own determination that he can still play football.

As for Rangers letting him go, that is the correct move by the club, for the club and the player, Smith wants the opportunity to play first team football week in week out, I doubt he will get that chance at Rangers now, as we still have Papac, and there are other younger prospects such as Wylde who will be able to fill the left back role.

If Huddersfield do get him to sign, then I wish the team and Smith all the best, Huddersfield will have a player who will be wanting to resurrect his career and will be determined to succeed, and on top of that Huddersfield will get a player who might be a bit better than other players in League 1.

I would be surprised if he went to league one, as long as he stays injury free he is a excellent player.

To the OP, unlucky last night mate. (tu)

Nothing unlucky about it. We have too many youngsters and completely bottled it. We'll bounce back next year though if we can add a bit of experience to the side

Tell your manager to go get Hemdani... Still have no idea how that guy is without a club

UEFA Cup Finalist (twice) and captain of Marseille

Could still do a job at league 1

Spot on Waltersgotstyle. :wink: Hendami had a wee bit of class and his pedigree suggests he would do a very good job for a div one side.

Strange no big clubs down south ever persued the big fella ?

Can't quite understand that one.

you are both right, hemdani was a cracking player, the reason he is without a club is he wont get out his bed for any less than 20grand a week. he is more intrested in wonga than playing football

a player with lots of potential when be broke into the first team. Sadly injuries have meant he never really lived up to that potential. If he gets a good run of games he could still be an excellent player. Still only 24 as well. I wish him well for the future.

Smith will pull off a charlie adam im afraid. Top player on his a-game. Excellent delivery and attacking instinct.

A run in the team at Rangers is all he'd have needed.