Ellis to meet Murray next week according to SSN

Sorry if repost.

Sky Sports News understands Andrew Ellis will meet Rangers owner David Murray next week to discuss his takeover of the club.

London-based property developer Ellis is heading a consortium who are considering a reported £33million bid for the debt-ridden Ibrox club.

Ellis is prepared to pay off the club's debts and he is also willing to invest in the SPL champions' playing staff.

It is understood that Ellis will meet Murray in Edinburgh on Tuesday next week regarding his continued attempts to purchase Rangers.

Earlier this week, Ellis responded to criticism from Gers chairman Alastair Johnston that the proposed takeover 'has gone on way too long - so let's just say I am sceptical about it'.

Ellis said of the comments: "I'm surprised to be honest, very surprised. I wasn't very happy when I learned of his comments and I think he is being unfair.

"I don't understand where he is coming from. I've never had a meeting arranged with Alastair Johnston and he has never requested a meeting with me.

"If I have offended him then I apologise and I apologise if it is taking longer than normal. It is taking time because there are an awful lot of things to go through."