This years big walk..

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive heard that govan district are to be bussed from glasgow green back to the orange halls then they can parade thru our area but not to march thru city centre

only possil are being allowed to parade thru city centre on theyre way home

Think it is "business as usual" this year but Strathclyde Police are intent on reducing the size / number of parades through the City Centre next year. My undertsanding is that they want to ban the return parade(s) meaning that the parade walks to the Green, the public meeting is held, then that's it till the following year.

Cant wait now only 12 days to go. Annie Millers bound anyone fancy a jar?uk.gif

Also i must add if im in Annie Millers i may offend you with my choice of wording throughout songs. I apologise just now incase anyone gets there thongs in a tanglepipeb.gif

ive heard that govan district are to be bussed from glasgow green back to the orange halls then they can parade thru our area but not to march thru city centre

only possil are being allowed to parade thru city centre on theyre way home

Think it is "business as usual" this year but Strathclyde Police are intent on reducing the size / number of parades through the City Centre next year. My undertsanding is that they want to ban the return parade(s) meaning that the parade walks to the Green, the public meeting is held, then that's it till the following year.

Heard we are heading up duke street way instead of going through through the barras , don't mind as long as we go round the toll although I love the look on the t*rriers faces when we march through loud and proud!

Think we are doing the parade on the 10th in wishaw , walking with a lodge from baillieston.

you'll enjoy it mate, get to parade in loyalist coatbridge and see the fantastic turnout we get.

only downside for your band it will be a long day, a good 12 hour shift at least

Think we are doing the parade on the 10th in wishaw , walking with a lodge from baillieston.

you'll enjoy it mate, get to parade in loyalist coatbridge and see the fantastic turnout we get.

only downside for your band it will be a long day, a good 12 hour shift at least

Aye mate , hopefully meet up with a few of you guys from your band :wink: Enjoy the occasion , really enjoyed Airdrie last year!

Long day doesn't bother us , just an excuse for them to get more steeming :lol:

Aye mate , hopefully meet up with a few of you guys from your band :wink: Enjoy the occasion , really enjoyed Airdrie last year!

Long day doesn't bother us , just an excuse for them to get more steeming :lol:

we wont get a drink though as we all go to different places for a feed and nice cold glass of irn bru.

wish i could be there at the end in Baillieston to see if your still keen on the long day, 6 parades later

When and where does the parade in Glasgow start? Or do all the bands start from their own areas and meet up at Glasgow Green?

We all walk in our own areas first , then meet in different areas of the city and form as North , South , East or West then walk to blytheswood square and the whole parade walks to the green from there.