How do i know if my Iphone 3Gs is unlocked or jail broken?

Bear

Is there anyway to find this out?

I bought it out a phone shop in Thailand for about £560 last nov. It works great but i know if you install updates on a jail broken phone you are fucked as the phone shuts down............rite?

The thing is, i "think" i updated it when i was pissed up one night not long after i got it, and i know if it is sim unlocked that you can update it............

any advice lads?

The phone doesn't shut down, the most recent update just 'un-jailbreaks' it.

I did it to mine recently and i'm glad I did, I hadn't realised how jumpy the jailbreak had made it.

I did it to mine recently and i'm glad I did, I hadn't realised how jumpy the jailbreak had made it.

So will i loose contacts or anything. I am not too bothered about loosing apps or that as they are easy to DL, i just dont want my contacts wiped.

Thanks for the info likes............ I have an O2 sim card in it now, will that make any sort of difference?

So will i loose contacts or anything. I am not too bothered about loosing apps or that as they are easy to DL, i just dont want my contacts wiped.

Thanks for the info likes............ I have an O2 sim card in it now, will that make any sort of difference?

I wouldn't have thought so.

I got mine on contract from O2 last year, i jailbroke it a couple of months back and started to have problems that a hadnt had before..feeezing, apps not working etc.

I deleted Blackrain but it said that this only deletes the program it, it wouldn't unjailbreak it. So I installed the update and this deleted all the jailbroken stuff..apps, ringtones etc but left everything else as it was.

Phone's running perfectly now.

I wouldn't have thought so.

I got mine on contract from O2 last year, i jailbroke it a couple of months back and started to have problems that a hadnt had before..feeezing, apps not working etc.

I deleted Blackrain but it said that this only deletes the program it, it wouldn't unjailbreak it. So I installed the update and this deleted all the jailbroken stuff..apps, ringtones etc but left everything else as it was.

Phone's running perfectly now.

I'm guessing the fact you are on O2 helped though?

I don't think it has a bearing tbh, it never mentions O2 at all, only Apple.

If I was a betting man, I'd say you'd be fine to do it.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I have it hooked up to my laptop right now..............hahaha.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM...............do i update or not?

Go for it (not my phone mind you ..ph34r.gif )

haha

I am going through google to see what i can up with. TBH i don't really need to do it as it works fine. I have 3 different countries sim card in it. All of them could pick up WiFi and 3G networks as well as setting up MMS etc.

I guess i have kind of answered my own question there............leave it alone