Fifa 11

RFC55

Just found a full list of all of the features that are in FIFA 11 on this site, it includes some updated features that have been added aswell!! It looks to me that this is the full list of all of the features in FIFA 11.

Heres the full list of features:

FIFA11: What we know so far

12-06-2010 11:06 AM - last edited on 12-06-2010 11:15 AM

Authentic Player Personality

This is the biggest new feature in FIFA 11 and is aiming to bring a real individual feel to the game where every player has their own strengths, weaknesses and key attributes and these become apparent in the game.

Features:

• Visuals
    • Body styles
      • New player modes

[*]Animations

• Trademark celebrations
      • Easy to do a players default celebration by hitting the A button

[*]Dribble locomotion styles

• New dribbling styles introduced rather than the previous default

[*]Attributes[*]Pro Passing Mechanics (described in more detail below in Pro Passing section)[*]Defending

• Tackling coverage
    • Aggressive Tackles (Obi-Mikel)
    • Block Coverage (Cole)
    • New "interceptions" attribute
      • Ability to read the trajectory to intercept passes

• Dribbling
    • Touch distance (Arshavin)
      • A new attribute which distinguishes how close the ball stays to the dribbler. Arshavin is very skilled at this and keeps the ball very close to himself whilst dribbling.

[*]Dribble while bounced (Messi)

• This new feature means that players such as Messi are not so easy to barge off the ball now and they will start to have the influence on the game as they do in real life. Messi now bounces off tackles and barges as he dribbles along.
    • Iniesta touches
      • A new skilled dribble in the style of the Barca magician

• Shooting
    • Agile 135's and 180's
      • Top strikers now have more agility in the box and can complete some nice finishes when turning and stretching.

[*]Poaching Centre Forwards

• Poachers such as Ruud van Nistelrooy are much more effective in and around the 6 yard box as they pounce on loose balls and tap them home.

• Positioning
    • Attacking work rate (Rooney v Berbatov and Clichy v Alves)
      • The attacking attributes are very visible. You can see Wayne Rooney running around everywhere whilst Berbatov floats around with a minimum of effort.
      • The same concept applies to defenders as Alves will fly forwards from wing back Clichy will be more defensive and protect his goal rather than press forwards.

[*]Defending work rate (Drogba v Anelka and Makalele v Ronaldo)

• The defending attributes are also very visible. Whilst Drogba will work back in to midfield to try and chase down an attacking defender, Anelka will stay up front and leave the defending to someone else.
      • The same concept applies to midfielders as Makalele will sit and hold and chase down opponents, whilst Ronaldo will tend to stay forwards after attacking and not be too interested in defending.

• Goalkeepers
    • Lots of improvements have been made to the keepers, with some great new features including:
      • Coverage – much more agile to move around their goal mouths
      • Keepers with better diving attributes will be able to reach farther for shots
      • Reaction times based on reflex attribute
      • Reading the trajectory of crosses and shots much better
      • Different save styles - Acrobatic v Traditional (Van der Sar v Casillas)

[*]Agility in getting up and scrambling[*]Kicks from hand are much better as you now have 2 options, the classic high kick or the new flat trajectory style (very nice).

Pro Passing

Passing has received a lot of attention and at the time of playing there was still plenty of development to be done to either refine or implement the new features.In FIFA 11 a new Pro Passing Mechanics system is being implemented which delivers:

• An Advanced Error System which calculates passing accuracy on:
      • Over and under hitting passes
      • Spin context
      • Ball height - consecutive bouncing passes
      • Context effect tuning

[*]Swerve Passes - swerve to be safe

• A lovely feature is the new curved side foot pass where you pass to a team mate over a distance and it curves beautifully rather than just travelling in a straight line. The purpose being to keep it as far away from your opposition.
    • Driven lobs everywhere (Scholes)
      • You can now spray lobs around the pitch in a Scholes style but requires correct strength and accuracy to complete.

[*]Backspin Lofted Through Ball

• This was a new feature that we discussed with the Dev's which required the ability for the defence to lob a ball from your defence up to your attackers, for the attacker then to hold the ball up and bring in to play the attacking midfielders and your striking colleague.
      • In the second build we played late on the Friday this feature had been implemented in a raw state but immediately provided you the ability to lob/drive a pass to the chest of your strikers. Nice
    • User Skilled Through Ball
      • The through ball now takes much more account of the skills attributes of the passer and will not find its way past the defender and in to the path of the attacker.

Some key issues with passing in FIFA 10 that FIFA 11 is looking to address:

Ping Pong Passing

Problem

• Too easy to make difficult passes - reduces the reward/emotion of creating chances/scoring
Solution
  • Use contextual error to make passes less accurate
    • Difficult passes
    • More attribute effects

[*]Add user skill factor to powering a pass

• Concept of under and over-hitting a pass to introduce lot more variability

Result

• Much improved through implementation of the new strength and accuracy of passes features. You can certainly feel the difference now when you make a pass and you will soon get the feel for placing the right strength on a pass.
Manual Passing
Problem
  • Hardcore players like to play manual
  • ...but match up against assisted players

Solution

• Coming soon...

Other Passing Developments:

In FIFA 10 you used to get too many wayward passes on auto. At this point in the development cycle we still found too many passes go to opponents feet. Also, when attacking you need the ball played in front of receiver and presently too many still go to/under the receiver's feet and you lose momentum. Something we know the guys are working on. <LI sizcache="2" sizset="2">As a lifelong striker, a valued tool of the trade was moving towards the passer when receiving the ball to make it difficult for the defender to get between you and the ball. As in FIFA 10, we still found that it is not easy to make the receiving player move towards ball. If you attempted to move the player towards the ball it affected the accuracy of the pass. Still the defender steps around the receiver as difficult to get player to move towards the ball.

NEW INFO 10/6 (from EUROGAMER)

"One of the things we've been toying with the idea of is a gentlemanly defeat where you can request to quit," he told Eurogamer.

"Where if you're 5-0 down you can say, 'Look this is no fun, can I please leave?' And the other person can say yes or no.

"The other one we've been toying with is, if they quit then the AI takes over and you play out against the CPU.

NEW INFO 12/6 (from FSB)

First of all Gary on celebrations:

If you do not press any direction on the pad then the player will automatically run to the corner and play his trademark celebration, his teammates will run after him and interact.

And now on the net editor:

You can choose the tension (loose or tight) and also the shape (what it looks like when viewed from the side – square or triangle).

Its a small feature but one that was not too tricky for us to put in and one that I know some of the guys on here were interested in.

Now, Glen on the replay feature:

At the end of the match there is a screen which allows you to pick highlights throughout the game and save those highlights.

That’s how it was structured in what we saw. I would assume its the exact same for online.

And finally, his info celebrations:

And players will also be able to interact with teammates after scoring a goal. Producers told us the team is aiming to have more than
90 trademark celebrations
in this year’s game.

I read also that there going to be handballs in it. Its optional so you can turn it off or on, sounds great but am liking the idea of the varied passing and poaching strikers (tu) and hopefully ibrox is in it, but i dont expect it to be !

I read also that there going to be handballs in it. Its optional so you can turn it off or on, sounds great but am liking the idea of the varied passing and poaching strikers 00000042.gif and hopefully ibrox is in it, but i dont expect it to be !

Sounds good so far mate. Handballs were in a game on ps2 (this is football i think) and there were a lot of fouls given with it. I think it will take another 2 or 3 games to perfect it. If you ask me tho, whats missing from games is controversial decisions. Dont know how easy it is to implement but handballs on the line or goals that arent given would be greatboogie.png

I will wait until the demo is out for both PES and Fifa they better bring them out at the same time so i can decide on which one to get on release day.

Go for both mate, thats what i will do so my missus wont see me till after xmas hahahh.gif

pes looks better tbh

I agree that trailer looked amazing

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1100837p1.html

"And even before Konami shows its full hand with Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 there's enough evidence to suggest that the series could be back to its boundary-pushing best, and that by redefining its game it can sing loud and sing proud once more. It may have taken its time, but the next generation of Pro Evolution Soccer is finally on its way." from ign

Will def be getting both this year, was really impressed with the PES trailer. I reckon I'll be excellent with the new passing system 'cause I play with manual settings on Fifa 10 and I can actually ping pong pass on manual. :pipe:

Dont want hand-balls, too many soft fouls in fifa as it is, what a waste of time!

I hate the fact that you get fouled in the box and don't get a penalty then 2 mins later you get fouled 30 yards from goal with the same tackle and you get a free kick.

Excellent, i thought world cup 2010 was a good improvement from fifa 10- fifa 11 is gonna be class i think. As mentioned above also hope Ibrox is in it cant remember the last one it was in think it was 2001 maybe lol.

• 2 weeks later...