The Founders Trail and Ibrox Stadium Tour July 2010. Extra Date Announced ! !

Due to the incredible response to the Founders Trail, we've decided to add an extra date next month.

We will now run on :

Sunday 25th July.

We have an extensive waiting list for Sunday 18th July and we've contacted those people first to give them the option of moving dates.

However, there are plenty of seats available for anyone who wishes to take the Journey of Discovery and celebrate our Founders.

We will once again depart the John Greig Statue at 12pm and make our way around Glasgow visiting the various locations that were important in the Rangers early years as well as the sites of the various homes we've had since 1872.

We arrive back at Ibrox Stadium for the Tour at 3.30 pm.

If you require further information or would like to reserve a seat, please drop me a note at : thegallantpioneers@googlemail.com

2gtanue.jpg

What I find astonishing about this is that Rangers Supporters are paying money to other Rangers Supporters to tell them about Rangers history.

So you've pointed out a few times on here and on FF.

No one puts a gun to their head to do it.

What I find astonishing about this is that Rangers Supporters are paying money to other Rangers Supporters to tell them about Rangers history.

It is more than that though you are, as a group of fans, visiting areas of significance to the history of our club and having people that have spent years researching it tell you about it. Yes, you can read Gallant Pioneers, but that isn't all the research there is on the foundation of the club, there is alot more out there. You can go and visit each seperate place yourself, but you are paying for having the experience with other fans, for the ease of visiting each location in one trip, having a nice day out and enjoying yourself with other supporters.

I haven't experience it yet, but what you've said is like saying 'I find it astonishing people go to Subway, I mean, you are paying someone to make your sandwich for you' - if you want to pay for the ease of having a sandwich made for you and ready to eat, do. If you'd rather buy the bread, butter, ham, lettuce, coleslaw and make it yourself at home, do.

Lets not have every thread about this ruined by negative comments.

I love the comparison with Rangers history and a subway sandwich. Do you have a positive opinion on the Founders Committees absolute refusal to have anything to do with William McBeaths dedication service. I can only give negative opinion which is that it is a disgrace. It should be called the Some Founders Committee.

BTW As I said to Moonlighter last year I have a good story to tell about Rangers FC that is not for public consumption. It is Vanguard Bears who will be given the story.Actually it isnt a good story it is an incredible story. I thought about contacting Gary Ralston about it but Im glad I held back. I only want to tell Vanguard Bears which will be done at Lincoln.

Repeat-It is an incredible story about Rangers.

I love the comparison with Rangers history and a subway sandwich. Do you have a positive opinion on the Founders Committees absolute refusal to have anything to do with William McBeaths dedication service. I can only give negative opinion which is that it is a disgrace. It should be called the Some Founders Committee.

BTW As I said to Moonlighter last year I have a good story to tell about Rangers FC that is not for public consumption. It is Vanguard Bears who will be given the story.Actually it isnt a good story it is an incredible story. I thought about contacting Gary Ralston about it but Im glad I held back. I only want to tell Vanguard Bears which will be done at Lincoln.

No no, you get me wrong. It's a comparison between ideals (a choice) of paying for a service, a convenience if you will (of seeing all the locations of the history in one day, on a bus full of fellow fans with people who have researched it for years telling you about it).

Do you really consider that I would compare the story of the foundation of our club to a sandwich?

I have no information on the Founders Committees opinion about the William McBeath dedication service, and I don't know anything about Van Guard Bears and this feud. What I do know is that I don't want to be a part of it. I don't want to be joining sides with anyone, we are all Rangers fans at the end of the day.

But, I do disagree with people coming on and consistently belittling others hard work and years of research in a thread about the trail.

:lol: :lol: Are you kidding?

Thats very nice that you have a story, if it's that great I'd love to hear it, but to be brutally honest, it's childish that you would say "I have a story, but you aren't getting to hear it, NANANANA!" , you don't mention RM in this, do the public of RM get to hear it? Or only VanGuard Bears?

So it's "ma baw and yer no gettin a game" time?

Very mature.

Very mature.

He's still upset we told him he's too old for the team :craphead:

[/foundersjoke]

Very mature.

I don't actually know of any business/project that is not run on the terms of the owners/initiators/board.

It looks to me like the guys who are responsible for the project don't want any involvement with certain sites/people (I may be wrong) and surely this is their right, whether anyone agrees or disagrees?

Very mature.

I don't actually know of any business/project that is not run on the terms of the owners/initiators/board.

It looks to me like the guys who are responsible for the project don't want any involvement with certain sites/people (I may be wrong) and surely this is their right, whether anyone agrees or disagrees?

And your point is...............................................

Very mature.

He's still upset we told him he's too old for the team :craphead:

[/foundersjoke]

Ive grown up a bit since my last post. If The Founders Committee and RM want to hear my very incredible story then all they have to do is go to Williams dedication service. It is for all but the nature of it means it doesnt get posted on a public forum or even a PM.

John (td)

I would hope not. Its just a personal thing, I wouldnt even pay for a stadium tour, like most Ive spent thousands on Rangers over the years, I would expect a free tour.

I would hope not. Its just a personal thing, I wouldnt even pay for a stadium tour, like most Ive spent thousands on Rangers over the years, I would expect a free tour.

Do you want to go on a stadium tour? There in is the reason.

Can all this shite be left for somewhere else other than a message board that is a free to view for all.

I retract that statement, stupid thing to say. People are free to do what they want in supporting Rangers, I mean no offence to those who have done and enjoyed the tour. I still recommend the DIY tour though.

I retract that statement, stupid thing to say. People are free to do what they want in supporting Rangers, I mean no offence to those who have done and enjoyed the tour. I still recommend the DIY tour though.

Assuming the DIY means an alternative? or??

Do it Yourself, though i accept that others dont want to do it themselves and wish to do it in an organised group of likeminded folk.

Very mature.

Great point , well made.

Do it Yourself, though i accept that others dont want to do it themselves and wish to do it in an organised group of likeminded folk.

Serious question, how many fans are in a position to give themselves a DIY tour?

That is a seriously silly statement.

No disrespect intended.

Serious question, how many fans are in a position to give themselves a DIY tour?

No disrespect intended.

I agree you did make a seriously silly statement, Harry.

No disrespect intended.

It would depend on the depth of feeling you have for Rangers, going around Glasgow is not hard to do for someone living in Glasgow.My depth of feeling is such that i went beyond Glasgow, I was in a position that I could do that on my own. Without disrepect I dont see what your problem is with a DIY tour.