The McBeath ceremony in Lincoln

MisterC

Just wondering when this will take place as I may be interested in going along to it, however I would need to book time off work and/or see if there is a clash with HSV Rangers games? Can someone please enlighten me, and indeed others who may be up for going along? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a bit ironic that details aren't blasted all over RM.

Maybe one has to register on VB to join the clique.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned on FF either but maybe that's understandable, VB obviously have a thing about FF.

It doesn't seem to be mentioned on FF either but maybe that's understandable, VB obviously have a thing about FF.

If you can get a thread about it on FF, you'll be doing well, Manti. When it was posted previously, the thread disappeared, along with a few of those who contributed to it.

If you can get a thread about it on FF, you'll be doing well, Manti. When it was posted previously, the thread disappeared, along with a few of those who contributed to it.

Thats no surprise as we know those things happen on FF. However why isnt it being advertised on here so more bears get to know about it? Perhaps it has been and I have missed it. If so I will hold my hand up and apologise for missing it, however it would be good to find out when this goes ahead so I, like others, can see if its do-able and then take appropriate action.

Thats no surprise as we know those things happen on FF. However why isnt it being advertised on here so more bears get to know about it? Perhaps it has been and I have missed it. If so I will hold my hand up and apologise for missing it, however it would be good to find out when this goes ahead so I, like others, can see if its do-able and then take appropriate action.

Maybe Moonlighter can help, he got an invite!

Seriously though, it is something which would be of interest to me too. Maybe it is by invitation only. I'm sure that Adoniram or one of the others can clear things up, one way or the other.

Seriously though, it is something which would be of interest to me too. Maybe it is by invitation only. I'm sure that Adoniram or one of the others can clear things up, one way or the other.

I would hope its not invitation only, maybe moonlighter could help but perhaps this event could be advertised on this site?

I would hope there wasn't any hypocrisy at work from the VanGuard Bears regarding advertising of events on other forums, i.e. RM.

I'll admit I haven't been on here recently, but looking through the forum I can't see any threads advertising the ceremony in Lincoln.

Are any of the Founders Committee going to attend to continue their celebration of the Founders?

I think that has been done to death now. It seems quite obvious that there will be no common ground found on this subject. Best left alone, even though that is not a satisfactory outcome for anyone.

Not being a VB member, I also don't know anything about the McBeath ceremony so perhaps it is invite only because of space requirements etc?

Unfortunately some on FF also have a thing about other sites/people there as well. I don't see you complaining much about admin there when that happens? ;)

Let's not pretend FF don't contribute to the (albeit exaggerated) problems in the community.

I would hope its not invitation only, maybe moonlighter could help but perhaps this event could be advertised on this site?

Maybe there is no date set yet? Maybe there are still arrangements to be made?

I am in the dark as much as you, but I'll wait to see what transpires before I make any comment.

Not being a VB member, I also don't know anything about the McBeath ceremony so perhaps it is invite only because of space requirements etc?

Unfortunately some on FF also have a thing about other sites/people there as well. I don't see you complaining much about admin there when that happens? ;)

Let's not pretend FF don't contribute to the (albeit exaggerated) problems in the community.

Well I did say that it's maybe understandable ;) There is obviously bad blood.

But yes MBs often have a thing about others, RM's early obsession with FF for example, but I think that's pretty well gone, RM has grown past its status anxiety.

The problem I have is that my FF experience is so radically different from the stories I hear, mainly from strangers on the interweb....

Having said that I did incur a few days ban a wee while back :clap::21:

I felt I had arrived, jeez RM only took a few days to start the warnings....

Can we, as individuals, do a DIY ceremony?

Nothing to stop them is there? Do you know when this ceremony will take place?

Yes, but it is a secret.

So I'm guessing the demands for openness and transparancy from others will stop now will they?

The problem I have is that my FF experience is so radically different from the stories I hear, mainly from strangers on the interweb....

FF is still a fantastic resource for any bear and while it has it's fair share of less than constructive people, like you I find the experience a good one overall when I make my daily visit. There are far too many interesting posters (some I agree with, some I don't) to write off a whole website just because the owner may not have the best reputation amongst sections of the community.

The issue I do have with FF is that its size and influence should mean it leads the way for the rest of the community - using its unmatched traffic and resources to work with everyone else in a positive way. Unfortunately, it has allowed itself to become dragged into negative issues so, while its influence and size hasn't decreased per se, its contribution could be much better.

By immediate association the Trust (and other projects which originate from FF) have also suffered greatly from this. Meanwhile those useful projects that don't originate there don't have the same recognition, publicity and/or participation they should. That is the ultimate sadness here. One which people should appreciate before they have their next attack on each other.