Friendy Vs Beckham and co cancelled

Davey_RFC

I know this is probably the last thing on our minds right now and may have been mentioned before.

From the Daily Mail.. "Meanwhile, Rangers have rejected an invitation to visit the USA this summer. Walter Smith's men were invited over for a three-game tour, which would have included a showpiece game against David Beckham's LA Galaxy."

I remember a thread , IIRC, people commending Bain on lining up such a tour.

There goes a great opportunity to make some decent cash and expand the Rangers brand.

There were folk complaining about "prostituting" our team around the globe to make money.. tbh I couldn't care less, it would have been a few friendlies which would have made us quite a bit of money and feel quite pi**ed off at spurning this opportunity!

Yeah Smith wants to stay in Europe and concentrate on the CL qualifiying rounds.

We could easily of done both and it would of been good, important money for the club!

I know this is probably the last thing on our minds right now and may have been mentioned before.

From the Daily Mail.. "Meanwhile, Rangers have rejected an invitation to visit the USA this summer. Walter Smith's men were invited over for a three-game tour, which would have included a showpiece game against David Beckham's LA Galaxy."

I remember a thread , IIRC, people commending Bain on lining up such a tour.

There goes a great opportunity to make some decent cash and expand the Rangers brand.

There were folk complaining about "prostituting" our team around the globe to make money.. tbh I couldn't care less, it would have been a few friendlies which would have made us quite a bit of money and feel quite pi**ed off at spurning this opportunity!

dam this would have been a good marketing move we need every penny we can get especially if we lose Euro revenue coz of the idiots who keep getting us into trouble

Also feel sorry for our US and Canadian bears who were looking forward to seeing the team in action.

As Dado said.. that money could have got us a crucial player.

What if we go out the Champions League, losing the £10million and not making any money from these friendlies?

Thats 12 million lost out on!

Also feel sorry for our US and Canadian bears who were looking forward to seeing the team in action.

As Dado said.. that money could have got us a crucial player.

What if we go out the Champions League, losing the £10million and not making any money from these friendlies?

Thats 12 million lost out on!

exactly <cry>

So celtic are getting another 12million odd from their trip and automatic Champions League spot, we might not get anything near 4million if we dont make it into the Champs League!

Well done Mr Bain.. great vision once again :angry:

EDIT: May not all be Bain's fault but whoever it is, has been very short sighted

Heres a post i made earlier on this:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...3020&st=20#

Dancing to the tune of timmy here

im more sceptical

What do you mean Jad...? Selling ourselves all over ?

Yea, iv always been a sceptic of Celtic's ventures into America and Japan. Neither are footballing nations but both grow money of trees and can afford to dish out to whoever, its just whoever takes the bait.

The advantages are easy to see. Easy 7 figure sum in the bank for a game of football, and potentially opening up a arket on the other side of the world. The Celtic done it, now look at them? Financially sound with £18 mil profits this year and a good team. Wheras we are making bare profits, poor squad and poor performances.

The money as everyone as said will used on the team which can only benefit us.

But we are selling ourselfs out and selling our soul just for some easy cash to a nation who doesnt care about football, Scotland or Rangers Football Club. It will being about a lot of pretend fans with a different mentality and attitude to RFC than we experience all the time here.

In other words, Celtic done this but sold their soul to the devil in the process. They bought a commerical super-success in Nakamura for entrance to another market (hey, who out of Celtic will tell you this?) for more money, and use paid extra dividends by the guy can actually play football.

The point is, money money money doesnt get you anywhere. Our most succesful times have been built on the foundations of Scottish/British players and a history/tradition of training our own players. Murray Park will reap the dividends soon, just need to be patient. We already are financially fine, we can pay players extreme amounts of money and have enough scope to succeed in the SPL, which is our bread and butter, and do well in Europe.

How exciting would it be to have a squad of mainly Scottish players, maybe even home grown playres like McMillian, Loy, Harvey etc coming through and doing well in Europe? If Ajax can do it in the 90's, cant we do it? I dont disagree with foriegn players, more money increase the temptation to buy foriegn 'better' players, like Tore Andre Flo.

Overall, I think we have enough marketing, economical and materialism ability to succeed in all areas as we are. Selling out would just aid it slightly, with more significant disadvantages than an £1 million in the bank.

This is completly my opinion and i still agree with it.

Without being disrespectful Jadams..

How is this selling our soul? It just just a few friendly games of football from which we will earn a million or two.

Look at Man Utd or Real Madrid, almost every year they travel over to America to play high profile matches. Do you think they've sold their soul?

Our team at the moment is built around Scots and British players, but quite simply (and truthfully) they simply arent good enough to compete at the highest level in Europe.

Football is a business and businesses diversify to maximse their markets and profits.

Look at celtic sitting smugly on their 18million profit.. yet we're making a loss because we aren't making the most of these opportunities!

If we want to be a bigger club making bigger profits.. we better start acting like it.