Mallorca kicked out of the Europa League

Real Mallorca are considering their options after being told they have been denied entry into the Europa League after falling foul of UEFA's financial regulations.

Mallorca applied to go into voluntary administration in May after amassing debts thought to be in the region of 70million euros.

A statement on UEFA's website read: "On the basis of all expert reviews which have been undertaken, the control and disciplinary body ruled that the club does not fulfil the necessary admission criteria."

Mallorca finished fifth in the Primera Division last season and their place is now expected to go to Villarreal, who finished seventh behind Getafe.

However, Mallorca may yet appeal against the ruling and have three days to decide on their next step.

A statement on the club's website read: "UEFA's decision is quite surprising in substance and form.

"The club will consider legal steps to follow upon receipt of the resolution in its entirety.

"RCD Mallorca deeply regrets the disappointment that UEFA's decision (which is unprecedented and not understandable) will cause our fans."

Last month, a group headed by former coach Llorenc Serra Ferrer became majority shareholders and swiftly installed Michael Laudrup as first-team coach.

Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal also become a shareholder in an attempt to help out the cash-strapped club.

Why would Villarrreal get it instead of Getafe? <cr>

Don't mean to sound sarcastic when I say this, but I can't find another way of putting it... Getafe already get a Europa League spot due to their sixth finish? I think.

Yeah, Getafe have already have a play-off spot.

Why would Villarrreal get it instead of Getafe? <cr>

Don't mean to sound sarcastic when I say this, but I can't find another way of putting it... Getafe already get a Europa League spot due to their sixth finish? I think.

Yeah, Getafe have already have a play-off spot.

:lol: That would be why. Forgive my drunken stupidity....

Man up, you have been on Bicardi and Coke all night. :craphead: