I can't be the only one who's glad he's gone..

Creampuff

Walter Smith has a surreal Old Firm record.

We got to the UEFA Cup Final in the Manchester season.

Tell me leaving out Boyd was the wrong thing to do.

Are you deliberately making yourself look like an arse?

Edit - Read post 79 again and spot the deliberate point made.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'll bite regardless.

You say Boyd was dropped because he didn't fit the system?

That's because the system required someone with a fitness level and pace better than an 11 year old dog.

Boyd didn't get his chance in big games?

He did, he just fucking blew it everytime.

Boyd contributed a lot to the club, I confess that, but a sub-standard striker could have done it. In fact, a sub-standard striker did.

That's because the system required someone with a fitness level and pace better than an 11 year old dog.

Boyd contributed a lot to the club, I confess that, but a sub-standard striker could have done it. In fact, a sub-standard striker did.

Smith tried to make him something he wasn't. The same as he has tried to make centre-backs into full-backs, full-backs into midfielders and strikers into wingers, throughout his whole career. Boyd had plenty of shortcomings, but you either utilise his strengths or you leave him out the team.

Smith tried to make him something he wasn't. The same as he has tried to make centre-backs into full-backs, full-backs into midfielders and strikers into wingers, throughout his whole career. Boyd had plenty of shortcomings, but you either utilise his strengths or you leave him out the team.

Utilising his strength meant making it twice as hard for anyone else to score, and dedicating everything on giving him a chance.

We wasted so many opportunities by trying to hand it to Boyd on a plate.

Pure and simple, we're not good enough to have a player like that in our team, a player who needs carried, but rewards us with goals. McCoist got away with it when he had Laudrup, Gascoigne, Durrant behind him.. We can't afford it when it's McCulloch, Whittaker and Naismith.

Utilising his strength meant making it twice as hard for anyone else to score, and dedicating everything on giving him a chance.

We wasted so many opportunities by trying to hand it to Boyd on a plate.

Pure and simple, we're not good enough to have a player like that in our team, a player who needs carried, but rewards us with goals. McCoist got away with it when he had Laudrup, Gascoigne, Durrant behind him.. We can't afford it when it's McCulloch, Whittaker and Naismith.

That's fine, but Smith had a player who could do his job, putting it in the net, and do it well. If the manager had used his transfer funds a little more wisely, then he may have allowed him to score even more goals, like you pointed out using McCoist as an example. Instead he chose the safety first method. How many of his other charges could perform their role to the standard of Boyd's finishing?

As I have stated previously, Boyd wasn't the complete player, but just to dismiss out of hand, the importance of his 25/30 goals a season, smacks of little more than petty vindictiveness due to the unsavoury manner in which he left the club.

Alan Compton wins the argument -- hands down. As the Yanks would say "Slam Dunk".

We changed our system to suit Boyd -- and he f*cked up vs the scum how many times? Yes.. one good pass to Kenny last year.. but ffs. "Underperformed" is a term used exclusively for Mr. Boyd. On a freezing day, his shirt was soaked with sweat before the match began. Always amused me.

Anyway, Boyd always split the support. Looks like that will continue for years and years.

His goals will be replaced by contributions from Jelavic, Davis, Edu, Kenny and Whittaker. A team effort.

All masterminded by Sir Walter Smith.

It's great to be a Bear. It is... watp.

I would have liked boyd to stay at the club tbh, anyone thinking we wont miss his 20+ goals a season is mental :)

we will still hopeflly sign a few players and it is time for other players to step up to the mark and grab those goals. i just hope we manage it.

Alan Compton wins the argument -- hands down. As the Yanks would say "Slam Dunk".

We changed our system to suit Boyd -- and he f*cked up vs the scum how many times? Yes.. one good pass to Kenny last year.. but ffs. "Underperformed" is a term used exclusively for Mr. Boyd. On a freezing day, his shirt was soaked with sweat before the match began. Always amused me.

Anyway, Boyd always split the support. Looks like that will continue for years and years.

His goals will be replaced by contributions from Jelavic, Davis, Edu, Kenny and Whittaker. A team effort.

All masterminded by Sir Walter Smith.

It's great to be a Bear. It is... watp.

We haven't even signed Jelavic, so what the fuck are you on about?

I cannot recall any player who divided opinion so fiercely as Boyd.

Mo Johnstone ended his controversy by stabbing 666 fc and Kenny Miller worked his way to a position of respect if not love.

But the fat, serial scorer (against diddy teams) manages it like no other. And is still doing so - even after he betrayed the club he claims to support. In fairness to the whore player, I recognise the desperate need for an extra few bob in the pay-packet and dazzlingly seductive lure of playing against Barnsley, Doncaster and Swansea would have been difficult to resist.

maybe the reason he didn't score in old firm games and in european games is because he didn't get as many chances as he would in league games(if any at all) ,so the rest of the outfield players must be held acountable for his record in these games surley, is it not there job to give him the service to score?

Yeah any run of the mill striker can score 20-30 goals a season for rangers...so why the fuk has nobody been Consistently able to since mccoist left? We had a goal poacher and a work horse up front and it worked perfect! If miller get injured we have to pick from Naismith, lafferty, velicka, fleck and little.

Then we will see if we really miss kris boyd.

I liked Boyd. Obviously he wasnt the best player to ever play for us but his goals speak for themselves. You could tell from about Feb onwards though that his heart wasnt in it anymore and he was just going through the motions. We dont need players like that who would rather be elsewhere :wink: