The Forum's Performance Mode is On: We have record traffic

Canadaready

Everything will be back up tonight, once the hype dies down.

Quite simply the load on the site was at a record level. That is the first time the site has crashed due to traffic levels since moving to fully dedicated hosting over 2yrs ago.

All performance mode does it kill the resource hungry, but useful, features on the forum, and lets it run on the bare essentials. In doing so it saves about 50%.

If anything isn't working, it's because this mode is switched on.

Here comes badger with the technical boring stuff!!!! :praise:

Are these settings still in effect? it's a big difference to me (heavy traffic or not)

The pages load faster and everything seems a lot smoother. I can type a post out aswell without the keyboard missing letters out.

Maybe it's more to do with my browser, Internet Explorer? but it seems to be fine in my other windows that's usually open.

Good work anyway.

Are these settings still in effect? it's a big difference to me (heavy traffic or not)

The pages load faster and everything seems a lot smoother. I can type a post out aswell without the keyboard missing letters out.

Maybe it's more to do with my browser, Internet Explorer? but it seems to be fine in my other windows that's usually open.

Good work anyway.

Give firefox a try later on and see what happens.

I don't ever have problems with IE.

Everything will be back up tonight, once the hype dies down.

Quite simply the load on the site was at a record level. That is the first time the site has crashed due to traffic levels since moving to fully dedicated hosting over 2yrs ago.

All performance mode does it kill the resource hungry, but useful, features on the forum, and lets it run on the bare essentials. In doing so it saves about 50%.

If anything isn't working, it's because this mode is switched on.

that means badgers dial up can actually handle the site today :lol: