Rangers XI Vs Arthurlie

NathanRfc

Jumped down to Dunterlie tonight to catch our youngsters play so i thought i would give Rm the lowdown, didn't catch the names at the start but used my knowledge to work out who was playing. The game finished 6-4 to the Gers, very lively and high tempoed game.

Players that featured that i know : Grant Adam, Jordan Mcmillan, Gregg Wylde, Andy Little, Kyle Hutton, Kal Naismith, Stephen Stirling(maybe not 100% sure), Archie Campbell, Rory Loy.

The stand out for me was Kyle Hutton (big guy that came on against Kilmarnock), very physical presence in the middle of the park, full of running although not the paceyist his strength for a boy is phenomenal. Range of passing was also top notch so top marks to him.

The other stand out was Jordan Mcmillan, yes, yes he and the others in defence shipped out 4, but he was the top man, dominant in the air and more than capable with the ball at his feet. What impressed me was his commanding of his defence ( the number 5) didn't catch his name had an absolute mare but he looked very young indeed, Mcmillan, although he lost the kool once or twice kept his nerve most of the time with the young lad and had quiet words. Overall he looks like a leader.

Others that played well include more household named youngsters in Loy, Campbell, Wylde and Little.

Almost forgot, big Boogie made a cameo appearence for 40 minutes inside Dunterlie signing tops and getting pictures. Brilliant show by the big man I thought. If you are wondering why he was there, there was a young Algerian on the wing for the Gers, didn't catch his name.

Finally, credit where credit is due, Arthurlie were outplayed at some points during the game, but to only get beat by 2 goals off of a very respectable Rangers XI. Well done Arthurlie, they should have a good season in the Juniours this year.

Just thought I would share that with you boys :D.

The young Algerian lad will be the one he recommended and is supposedly a good player.

How did he look?

Scored a goal, nice touches. He has ability for sure, isn't very physical but and against a Juniour team all they are going to bo is kick you.

Scored a goal, nice touches. He has ability for sure, isn't very physical but and against a Juniour team all they are going to bo is kick you.

Good stuff (tu)

Would you be happy if we did sign him up?

I'm shocked that James Beattie didn't feature in the bounce games against Partick or even in this game tonight.

The guy needs games badly.

I was surprised to even see the likes of Wylde, Little and Loy starting but looking back this would have been a perfect opportunity to see Beattie.

I have thought Jordan McMillan is a very good player for a while now why Broadfoot gets a game ahead of him is well beyond me TBH. whats happened to Ness? Last time i even heard anything about him was against Clyde

You got butter fingers? You seemed to not catch much :craphead:

Just kidding mate, thanks for the info. Good to see our young guys playing well. Kyle Hutton looks to be an excellent prospect. It's been a while since we've brought through a decent CM.

he wasnt ahead of him on sunday jordan was on the bench

How many games in the past year or two has Broadfoot played compared to Mcmillan.

Mcmillan would have matured into a much better player had he played the same amount of games as Broadfoot has.

How many games in the past year or two has Broadfoot played compared to Mcmillan.

Mcmillan would have matured into a much better player had he played the same amount of games as Broadfoot has.

Agreed (tu)

I just cant believe that Broadfoot gets a game for us it actually leaves me speechless. Surely McMillan is a better player from what i have seen of him he looks 3 or 4 times better than Clubfoot

I have no doubt mate.

This is what a lot of people forget when they ask if any young player has went onto anything better after Rangers, as if as to say the club has always been right.

A lot of players at McMillan's age at Rangers have been starved of first team football, in turn ruining their chances of learning and ever becoming a 'Grade A' player, so it's a defence that doesn't stand in my eyes.

I was surprised to even see the likes of Wylde, Little and Loy starting but looking back this would have been a perfect opportunity to see Beattie.

Can't play someone like Beattie against Juniors they would kick fuck out of him.

I have no doubt mate.

This is what a lot of people forget when they ask if any young player has went onto anything better after Rangers, as if as to say the club has always been right.

A lot of players at McMillan's age at Rangers have been starved of first team football, in turn ruining their chances of learning and ever becoming a 'Grade A' player, so it's a defence that doesn't stand in my eyes.

This old chesnut.

And on what basis are you making the claim in bold? I've often posed the question you mention in your first paragraph as I think it's a fairly straightforward response to sweeping claims (such as the one in bold) which don't appear to have any evidence to back them up :)