Mr. David Weir

cooper1989

I'm sure we all have great admiration for Davie Weir. A man of intelligence, a gentleman. After the Hibs match he put his arms around young Vladimir and I'm sure said a few words of congratulations to him.

And as for representing The Rangers -- you find any finer man. if you re-read the 'Traditions' thread -- many of the traditions that were raised.. Excellence, Honour, Respect... can all be applied to Davie.

But my point today is that Davie -- once again -- has answered his nation's call. At 40 years old, he has every right to politely decline. But not Davie.

I quote: (Official site)

It's hard to believe it's a year since I last played for Scotland against Holland but it's great to be involved again as I've always made myself available.

It is nice to be picked for your country. It doesn't get any better than playing international football because it's a great honour to be able to do that.

I've never said I didn't want to be part of the squad and I'm pleased to have got the shout from the manager.

A great man -- has always made himself available for his country. And proud to do so.

And he's a great Rangers Captain. Proud to see him leading us out -- and he better be made Captain of Scotland too!

Well done David Weir. (tu)