Priority In The Summer ?

Davy

Of course it's a disgrace.

When one considers the respected players we've had in the last 20 years from all over the world such as Cohen, Laudrup, Albertz, Amoruso, Rozental, Amato, Vidmar et al you'd think we'd use them to bring in the very best of the young talent from far and wide.

In actual effect we do nothing. We do have a few informal scouts that work for the club but when Ewan Chester left a few years back, our whole scouting system disappeared as it was deemed to expensive.

A point we'll be raising with the chairman in the next 14 days.

Of course it's a disgrace.

When one considers the respected players we've had in the last 20 years from all over the world such as Cohen, Laudrup, Albertz, Amoruso, Rozental, Amato, Vidmar et al you'd think we'd use them to bring in the very best of the young talent from far and wide.

In actual effect we do nothing. We do have a few informal scouts that work for the club but when Ewan Chester left a few years back, our whole scouting system disappeared as it was deemed to expensive.

A point we'll be raising with the chairman in the next 14 days.

Good Frankie. Up until your post I never knew that a scouting network was not in place. I am absolutely disgusted at this, but it doesnt surprise me as this is what Rangers are all about these days. This club is in a f*cken mess and something has to be done about it now!

There is so much that needs to be addressed it's unbelievable!

You should also give him a list of players out of contract in the summer as they probably dont even know that!

I'm starting to feel the same way, the summer is Murray's final chance. Fail to back Smith and show some ambition and sense of direction and I'll be calling for him to go.

I'm slowly starting to warm to FISH's GTF claims!

The Fish's claims may be crude with not many alternative suggestions but generally he is correct. SDM doesn't not want to be here so investment will remain minimal, ambition even less, direction unknown and success limited.

Now, IF we finish 2nd, we may spend around £5million - maybe even a few million more if we reach the CL group stages. That may help our domestic challenge and we may be more competitive in 07/08.

However, SDM will still be wanting to leave and any club planning will still be short term which means uncertainty and disappointment will most likely still be prevalent until he moves on.

Although I am starting to question SDM I think I am happy to stick with him for now as he will ensure that the right man takes over.

I mean we could end up with a foerign investor that has no idea about RFC, The SPL or perhaps even the traditions that still mean so much certain fans of the club.

When do you think Murray will eventually sell Frankie? He still wants to be in control when his 20th anniversary comes up.

Murray would sell tomorrow if the money was right.

THere are people interested and I know he's had offers. However, they don't match his valuation of the club so until they do, he won't be going anywhere. Meanwhile our club will stagnate all the more will SDM's grapes and property portfolio ripen.

SDM's decision is capable of change as much as anyone elses.

Don't forget, we have the man in charge who brought us Brian Laudrup.

We have the man in charge who got us to within a baw-hair of the European Cup Final (if it hadnae been for thae pesky cheatin frogs).

We have the man in charge who knows how to win the Scottish Premier League. He's done it Seven times on his own. In a row. Nine in total. Don't fuck with him - he's a big bad bassa! (note to strapon!)

Although I am starting to question SDM I think I am happy to stick with him for now as he will ensure that the right man takes over.

I mean we could end up with a foerign investor that has no idea about RFC, The SPL or perhaps even the traditions that still mean so much certain fans of the club.

I agree that sometimes it's a case of better the devil you know.

Indeed, I wouldn''t be averse to SDM remaining on the board at some level. He's an intelligent man and despite some's claims he doesn have a fond affection for RFC.

However, the fact is, under his current stewardship we are going nowhere and it's imperative that he moves on asap.

We have the man in charge who got us to within a baw-hair of the European Cup Final (if it hadnae been for thae pesky cheatin frogs).

We have the man in charge who knows how to win the Scottish Premier League. He's done it Seven times on his own. In a row. Nine in total. Don't fuck with him - he's a big bad bassa! (note to strapon!)

All very well but it's now that matters and he is no longer interested, it's time for him to go!

He's also the man who brought us £82million of debt, our worst run of results in the history of the club and the shortest serving manager.

It's all relative and I'd much prefer to talk about the here and now as opposed to long gone past successes.

When do you think Murray will eventually sell Frankie? He still wants to be in control when his 20th anniversary comes up.

I know he's had offers.

name them.

No. I wouldn't disrespect SDM's or the buyer's privacy on that score.

However, David Burnside did break ranks so there is one for you. There have been 3 more on top of that.

I know he's had offers.

name them.

No. I wouldn't disrespect SDM's or the buyer's privacy on that score.

However, David Burnside did break ranks so there is one for you. There have been 3 more on top of that.

Fuck sake Frankie - what a crock of shit, Burnside was in the press! What a joke - you come out with stuff like this to make yourself appear important and end up looking stupid. If you know ANYTHING at all - say it now or forever hold yer trap shut.

you come out with stuff like this to make yourself appear important and end up looking stupid

I dont think he does. Pretty knowledgable and has a decent insight into what is going on. Frankie speaks a lot of truth!

:D

I did say Burnside broke cover. As for the other ones, I've explained why I won't name them. If you can't accept that then it doesn't bother me. I certainly wouldn't claim or act to be any more important than any other fan.

you come out with stuff like this to make yourself appear important and end up looking stupid

I dont think he does. Pretty knowledgable and has a decent insight into what is going on. Frankie speaks a lot of truth!

Cheers mate.

I am quite fortunate in that I know a lot of people at the club through different avenues. As such, I hear a lot of things on the grapevine about the club - not all of which are true, not all of which I'd stake my mortgage on happening. Occassionally, I'll share these wee tidbits if I think they may be interesting, relevant and can be substantiated by the general picture.

I don't expect everyone to believe them all (I don't myself!) but they are passed on in good faith.

Rangers FC is for sale and there are interested parties in buying. It's hardly rocket science to come to that conclusion.

Cheers mate.

I am quite fortunate in that I know a lot of people at the club through different avenues. As such, I hear a lot of things on the grapevine about the club - not all of which are true, not all of which I'd stake my mortgage on happening. Occassionally, I'll share these wee tidbits if I think they may be interesting, relevant and can be substantiated by the general picture.

I don't expect everyone to believe them all (I don't myself!) but they are passed on in good faith.

Rangers FC is for sale and there are interested parties in buying. It's hardly rocket science to come to that conclusion.

Keep up the good work mate. Its good to have someone on the forum with a bit on inside knowledge. You couldnt do us a favour and tell someone at the club that zolton gera and yildiray basturk are available on bosmans??? :) There are some quality players available on a bosman this summer and we need to act now to get them. We can get these players if we are quick enough and really make them feel wanted. Money isnt everything to some players. Look at boumsong and prso, both of them came as they were so impressed by how much we wanted them.