Statement released by former RST Secretary

boss

Verbal gymnastics? I think we can all see where they're coming from. All I've done is quoted my original post to prevent you from misrepresenting me...

Ok, let's stick to the facts. You can call it what you like, MD owed nearly £3000 to the RST for nearly 2 years. This was hidden from the accounts and members. There is no verbal gymnastics there, I think that's about as transparent as it gets.

Can we agree on that?

You're one of those guys who just can't stick to being factual, aren't you? :lol:

We can agree that he owed £2690....that's easier to type than "nearly £3000".

As far as I understand it, the auditor has now made recommendations (I can't remember the correct technical phrase used) that this, and other practices with RST accounting, should not continue. Hopefully this will result in the transparency we all want, whover sits on the RST board in future.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're one of those guys who just can't stick to being factual, aren't you? :lol:

As far as I understand it, the auditor has now made recommendations (I can't remember the correct technical phrase used) that this, and other practices with RST accounting, should not continue. Hopefully this will result in the transparency we all want, whover sits on the RST board in future.

I quoted it earlier as £2670, so "nearly £3000" is more factual than what I thought it was. I guess that would mean I was sticking to being factual, assuming you can accept that £2690 is nearly £3000.

Now you've given me the exact amount (not that it makes a blind bit of difference), do you fancy answering my question? Is it the case that MD owed nearly £3000 [£2690] to the RST for nearly 2 years [sorry, don't know the exact length of time either]? And that this was hidden from the accounts and members?

I've not seen anyone request jail or suggest sabotaging book launches. That would be daft and petty.

I have seen people attempt to build bridges and involve the Trust in community-wide initiatives and not even be given the courtesy of a reply. Not just last week or last month but over 18 months ago.

Of course the RST isn't all to blame here but neither is it as committed to unity and/or inclusion as it suggests elsewhere. In fact I'd suggest the opposite is true for some board members. These people are holding the organisation back and that is the issue here; not petty personal grievances.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who want to buy that crap excuse.

the boss has suggested bouncing a cheque is a criminal offence and that david edgars book will be scaned and available to read on the internet with in days of launch.

your very much correct about the rest of yur post of course.

the boss has suggested bouncing a cheque is a criminal offence and that david edgars book will be scaned and available to read on the internet with in days of launch.

your very much correct about the rest of yur post of course.

I'm quite sure Boss will admit to being daft and petty on occasion. Just like the rest of us. :D

I love the posters on here who have less than 100 posts over a couple of years, and have the temerity to act the big man whenever anything RST-related appears.

Asking questions of people, yet rarely, if ever, giving a straight answer to the questions asked of them.

We need a strong RST, not one that endeavours to disillusion its members and remain cliquey and under a self-imposed isolation from the rest of the fans and forums.

For many people, it isn't this issue in it's isolation that explains the annoyance you mention.

:)

Your rather excellent post of 11.05 said quite a bit I felt. I feel you always come across well in these threads Frankie but this particular one does look a little like mountains out of molehills. But if it is a continuing theme then criticism should not only be forthcoming but indeed expected.

Just think if only he'd paid back a grand of it then we'd all be smiling quietly at the the remainder and happily left it sitting in the accounts for everyone to see!

I love the posters on here who have less than 100 posts over a couple of years, and have the temerity to act the big man whenever anything RST-related appears.

Asking questions of people, yet rarely, if ever, giving a straight answer to the questions asked of them.

We need a strong RST, not one that endeavours to disillusion its members and remain cliquey and under a self-imposed isolation from the rest of the fans and forums.

Some of us who have few posts, have come over here to get an idea of the opinion of Bears who don't post on FF. That's as it should be on issues like those discussed on this thread.

Personally I don't usually post on RM because I find it a bit slow. You should be glad we're bumping up the traffic a bit. :P

Some of us who have few posts, have come over here to get an idea of the opinion of Bears who don't post on FF. That's as it should be on issues like those discussed on this thread.

Personally I don't usually post on RM because I find it a bit slow. You should be glad we're bumping up the traffic a bit. :P

I'd rather have a handful of open-minded Celtic fans on here than your clique on here defending the indefensible.

But don't let some wee objective people asking questions get you down.

Whoops. Too late.

It's amazing how these fuds always have the same insults.....

I'd rather have a handful of open-minded Celtic fans on here than your clique on here defending the indefensible.

Whoops. Too late.

Oh dear (td)

Whoops. Too late.

Jesus. You are certainly one crazy, mixed up individual. A poster on a Rangers messageboard with a preference for t*rriers...how quaint.

Care to expand on what I defended, or what questions got me down? Take your time now.

All thats wrong with our support in one thread, amazing stuff btween posters being called arselickers and poodles to posters wanting t*rriers on board and to just plain old arsehole's. I have a feeling the real reason why there are so many posters with less than 100 posts you only need to read this thread.

Admin you want to get a grip of this by the scruff

All thats wrong with our support in one thread, amazing stuff btween posters being called arselickers and poodles to posters wanting t*rriers on board and to just plain old arsehole's. I have a feeling the real reason why there are so many posters with less than 100 posts you only need to read this thread.

Admin you want to get a grip of this by the scruff

Perhaps if more posters were prepared to sit round the negotiating table instead of hurling insults and accusations over the net then we might make progress.

I can only speak for VB when I say we will sit round the table now If it helps sort out the problems that exist.And from reading posts on here it would appear that RM are up for talks.

However this won't happen as excuse after excuse is trotted out as to why certain sections won't engage in debate.