***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

I brought Craig Conway in on a free transfer after the first season, before he knocked us back in real life, and I think the fucking game is trying to play by real life.

He picked-up a knock in pre-season which meant he missed all but one friendly. In that friendly, he tore his calf muscle, so missed the first four months of the season. Finally, wee Pip Yeates told me that he was fit, again. So, being the gentleman that I am, I scheduled my reserves in for a friendly away to Airdrie's reserves. Three-nil, us. Conway fractures his ribs and he's out for another eight weeks.

He hasn't played a single minute of competitive football.

I've also got a young Czech left-back, Jan Lecjaks, who looks like he could be a diamond. He's not been able to knock Papac off the left-back slot, but, and became homesick. So, being a gentlement, once again, I told him to take some time off, return home for a wee while and sort himself out. The cunt took a month off!

We've got Kilmarnock at Rugby Park, next.

Latest results :

2-0 vs Birmingham (H) - League Cup

2-1 vs Bolton (A)

1-0 vs Panathinaikos (H) - CL

1-1 vs Man United (H)

Have just signed Mata for £35 million, £15 million right away and the rest over 2 years. Only in November so still a bit to wait until I get him.

Rangers and Celtic are both doing horribly in my West Ham save. Think Dundee United are top, Rangers 5th or so with 2 wins and 4 draws, as well as a 4-1 defeat to Aberdeen, while Celtic are 8th or thereabouts. I might just resign at West Ham and take over at Ibrox, it's horrible to see.

Rangers and Celtic are both doing horribly in my West Ham save. Think Dundee United are top, Rangers 5th or so with 2 wins and 4 draws, as well as a 4-1 defeat to Aberdeen, while Celtic are 8th or thereabouts. I might just resign at West Ham and take over at Ibrox, it's horrible to see.

Haha, it actually is saddening. I took Allan McGregor from Rangers when I was at Man City and felt kinda bad tbh hahaha.

Few more results :

2-0 vs West Ham (A)

3-0 vs Fulham (H)

4-0 Birmingham (A)

2-2 Real Madrid (A)

3-0 West Brom (H)

League form is steady to say the least :D 4 points clear of Man United and I need a point at home to Bursa to secure top spot in my CL group.

Haha, it actually is saddening. I took Allan McGregor from Rangers when I was at Man City and felt kinda bad tbh hahaha.

Once I get my laptop sorted, and finish my first season, I'm looking to sell Rob Green and bring in McGregor. £2million with instalments should do it, they'll be desperate for the money. :(

Once I get my laptop sorted, and finish my first season, I'm looking to sell Rob Green and bring in McGregor. £2million with instalments should do it, they'll be desperate for the money. :(

I gave us 5mill for him ;).

I had about 120mill to spend though to be fair!

How very fucking annoying.

My laptop is fucked at the minute as I said before, and has been on it's way out for a while. Now, there is a cracking offer for a new laptop in Argos, which would replace the one I have at the minute- although I wouldn't get that until Christmas. So as it stands, I won't be able to play FM until Christmas at the earliest, obviously would just get the newer one. Means starting everything from scratch yet again. Gutted. It also means that he earliest I can play it, the January window will be open, meaning yet another transfer update. :anguish:

More results :

4-0 vs Wigan (H)

0-1 vs Man City (H)

3-0 vs Blackpool (A)

2-0 vs Stoke (H)

7-0 vs Altrincham (H) - FA Cup

4-0 vs Fulham (H) - League Cup SF Leg 1

2-1 vs Chelsea (A) :D

Juan Mata has finally arrived and been an instant hit. Also signed Giuseppi Rossi for £25 million who's scored in his 1st 3 games.

Playing this to take away tonight disappointment :(

2-0 vs Villa (H)

2-4 vs Fulham (A) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg - I won 6-4 on aggregate

4-1 vs Barnsley (A) - FA Cup

4-1 vs Wolves (A)

2-2 vs Blackburn (A)

3-1 vs Liverpool (H)

Still got a 7 point lead in the league. Drew Bayern away in the CL last 16. Got Man United away in the FA Cup 5th round. Also got the League Cup final vs Sunderland to look forward too :D

Havant_and_waterlooville_logo.PNG

Havant & Waterlooville

League: Blue Square Bet South (Tier 6)

Chairman Status: Enjoying life at the club

Finances: Okay

Westleigh Park

Capacity: 4500 (642 seated)

Basic Youth and Training facilities.

Media prediction: 6th

This is my second LLM game (the first being with Droylsden FC - in which I took them to the heights of the Npower Championship before my laptop failed). I'll get rid of the deadwood and bring in experiences campaigners from around Europe before starting the season - a season in which I expect nothing less than promotion.

Havant_and_waterlooville_logo.PNG

Havant & Waterlooville

League: Blue Square Bet South (Tier 6)

Chairman Status: Enjoying life at the club

Finances: Okay

Westleigh Park

Capacity: 4500 (642 seated)

Basic Youth and Training facilities.

Media prediction: 6th

This is my second LLM game (the first being with Droylsden FC - in which I took them to the heights of the Npower Championship before my laptop failed). I'll get rid of the deadwood and bring in experiences campaigners from around Europe before starting the season - a season in which I expect nothing less than promotion.

Gutting mate :anguish: Look forward to your updates (tu)

Beat Man United 3-1 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup :D

Drew 1-1 away to Bayern in the CL.

Also claimed Arsenal's first silverware in 6 years, beating Sunderland on penalties in the League Cup final, 1-1 AET.

Latest results :

4-1 vs Sunderland (A)

1-1 vs Bolton (H)

0-1 vs Man City (A) - FA Cup

4-2 vs Bayern (H) - CL Last 16. Won 5-3 on aggregate

1-3 vs Man United (A)

Lead at the top is now down to just 2 points and I'm out of the FA Cup. Drew Lyon in the Quarters of the CL aswell.

Far from done in the transfer window, but it's looking good so far. I've roughly got the players I need for promotion to the Football League, now I just need to secure some source of income so that I'll be able to get decent home grown players. I've signed a full first 11, but most of them are from abroad, meaning I wont meet the homegrown criteria in the Football League when I get there.

havantwaterloovilletran.png

Brought in more money than I'd expected, but there's still a few players to get shifted.

dartfordvhavantwpostmat.png

First match of the league season and I thumped Dartford in what was billed as a close encounter - couldn't be more proud to be honest. Tried out the 4-4-2 which worked a treat for most of the game before I switched to a 4-3-3 and that helped me smash them even further.

tomaszgruszcynskiprofil.png

This guy here will be a cracking player for me. In him and Joris de Gregorio I have enough firepower to last for a few seasons until I get adequate replacements.

Latest results :

1-1 vs West Ham (H)

0-0 vs Lyon (H) - CL QF 1st Leg

1-0 vs Fulham (A)

1-0 vs Lyon (A) - CL QF 2nd Leg. Won 1-0 on aggregate

2-0 vs Birmingham (H)

3-0 vs Man United (A) - CL SF 1st Leg

Joint top of the league but with a game in hand, hoping that CL win can be a start to some good end of season form.

Finished my first season with Arsenal, last results :

3-0 vs West Brom (A)

2-1 vs Man United (A) - CL SF 2nd Leg. Won 5-1 on aggregate

4-2 vs Everton (A)

4-0 vs Newcastle (H)

2-0 vs Spurs (H)

1-1 vs Wigan (A)

Disappointing last result but I ha to keep my main players fit for the CL Final against AC Milan :D

This is how the league finished.

table.png

Man United dropped away severely after I put them out the CL, dropping points against Bolton, Fulham and Birmingham.

And off to Wembley for the CL final

CLFinal.png

Treble winners :beer1:

Won my 2nd trophy of the season, the Super Cup, 2-1 against Lille :D

Sold Fabregas for £50 million also and brought in Gourcuff, Ribery and Phil Jones. Let another few go aswell, like Eboue and Koscielny.

Won my first 2 league games also -

3-0 vs Cardiff (A)

2-0 vs Wolves (H)