One of the best trips ever

1st_Jan_1994

Honestly, what a fantastic trip. Defo one of the best I've ever been on.

Spent the trip with The Booler, his mate, my mate and CaseyJones and it was a laugh a minute. Some of the states we got into.

Good to bump into the regular faces aswell Kplfishtank, Rangersgary, Zx750 etc.

Big thanks to Cosmoger for the fantastic bus he put on. Talk about value for money. That lad certainly didn't rip any bears off, if anything, I'd guess he run at a slight loss when you see the distances, effort and organisation involved.

Being the stupid dick that I am, I forgot to change my phone to 2 hours in front, Turkey time, so slept in by 2 hours and missed the bus to Bursa and spent the whole day and about £200 in taxi's and ferry's. Was meant to pick up my ticket at 1.30, but it was back of 8pm before I got to hotel. Had to get the internet on the phone, type the hotel into Google, get the number, phone them, ask to speak to someone from Rangers and explain and there was someone waiting back for me.

I thought Turkey was very expensive to be honest, although the prices in the Evakor (I think that's the name) pub was really resonable, but outwith that ... £7 for a bottle of beer etc :disappointment:

Thought the Turkish match day police were fantastic too. They were helping bears without a ticket and knocked back off the G4S men into the stadium despite the Rangers stewards best efforts.

The wee guy in the hotel would be glad to see the back of us, raiding the hotel bar till 7am every morning :lol:

Only problem was my flight coming back yesterday was delayed and missed my London connection but they put me up in a nice hotel with vouchers for meals and drink and straight on the first 7am flight this morning so that worked out ok too :crabflute:

Here's for a good Europa league trip too :sherlock:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best trips I've ever been on - laughs from start to finish.

Earliest I went to bed was 5am...........................and that was on the morning of the game - fuck knows how a wiz still standing at kick off (which I missed!!!!!) due to trying to get a Bear into the game who never had a ticket. Cops wanted to let him in as there was tons of room and the Rangers guys said no. He watched the 1st half in that marquee ootside the ground and then a cop came and got him at half time.

Bus organised by cosmoger and his mates was excellently run - these guys could teach TC a thing or two - and it was good to see so many Bears happy with the arrangements.

Met a few of the usual faces in Istanbul and at the game - good to see them all.

Here's hoping for a good venue in February.

BTW John's mate got stopped in the street in Istanbul by a wee guy trying to get him into his pub - the wee guy ended up being taken tae Ekvator by John's mate!!!!! Ye couldnae make it up.

WATP

Earliest I went to bed was 5am...........................and that was on the morning of the game - fuck knows how a wiz still standing at kick off (which I missed!!!!!) due to trying to get a Bear into the game who never had a ticket. Cops wanted to let him in as there was tons of room and the Rangers guys said no. He watched the 1st half in that marquee ootside the ground and then a cop came and got him at half time.

Bus organised by cosmoger and his mates was excellently run - these guys could teach TC a thing or two - and it was good to see so many Bears happy with the arrangements.

Met a few of the usual faces in Istanbul and at the game - good to see them all.

BTW John's mate got stopped in the street in Istanbul by a wee guy trying to get him into his pub - the wee guy ended up being taken tae Ekvator by John's mate!!!!! Ye couldnae make it up.

WATP

Did Tea Bag get home OK? :D

Did Tea Bag get home OK? :D

I hope so - he was gonna have tae speak with somebody at the train station and explain his situation ie when he got mugged they took his train pass, etc.

I'm sure they would sort him out ok.

He's probably sitting at home now enjoying a nice hot cuppa................................................:ph34r:

I hope so - he was gonna have tae speak with somebody at the train station and explain his situation ie when he got mugged they took his train pass, etc.

I'm sure they would sort him out ok.

He's probably sitting at home now enjoying a nice hot cuppa................................................:ph34r:

Give the man a limo, that's what I say !!

Don't ye think he wid look outta place in a Limo?

Matthew is more a Limo man I'd say................................................:craphead:

Think the both of them would look splendid in the back of one with champagne (and tea) on ice and Ali G dancers doing their thang.

WATP

I have signed up now :21::beer1:

I agree, the trip was great and I enjoyed the company with so many stories to tell. You weren't that hard to look after auldyin but I think it will take me a day or two to recover.

No more beer for me for a while....well I might have ONE <cr>

I have signed up now :21::beer1:

I agree, the trip was great and I enjoyed the company with so many stories to tell. You weren't that hard to look after auldyin but I think it will take me a day or two to recover.

No more beer for me for a while....well I might have ONE <cr>

Ye might have one? I heard that every day since Sunday!

BTW Welcome to the forum ya mad Ulster man. :crabflute:

Honestly, what a fantastic trip. Defo one of the best I've ever been on.

Spent the trip with The Booler, his mate, my mate and CaseyJones and it was a laugh a minute. Some of the states we got into.

Good to bump into the regular faces aswell Kplfishtank, Rangersgary, Zx750 etc.

Big thanks to Cosmoger for the fantastic bus he put on. Talk about value for money. That lad certainly didn't rip any bears off, if anything, I'd guess he run at a slight loss when you see the distances, effort and organisation involved.

Being the stupid dick that I am, I forgot to change my phone to 2 hours in front, Turkey time, so slept in by 2 hours and missed the bus to Bursa and spent the whole day and about £200 in taxi's and ferry's. Was meant to pick up my ticket at 1.30, but it was back of 8pm before I got to hotel. Had to get the internet on the phone, type the hotel into Google, get the number, phone them, ask to speak to someone from Rangers and explain and there was someone waiting back for me.

I thought Turkey was very expensive to be honest, although the prices in the Evakor (I think that's the name) pub was really resonable, but outwith that ... £7 for a bottle of beer etc :disappointment:

Thought the Turkish match day police were fantastic too. They were helping bears without a ticket and knocked back off the G4S men into the stadium despite the Rangers stewards best efforts.

The wee guy in the hotel would be glad to see the back of us, raiding the hotel bar till 7am every morning :lol:

Only problem was my flight coming back yesterday was delayed and missed my London connection but they put me up in a nice hotel with vouchers for meals and drink and straight on the first 7am flight this morning so that worked out ok too :crabflute:

Here's for a good Europa league trip too :sherlock:

did you get stuck with the hotel mini bar bill....? :craphead: