plymouthranger

Was the Rangers team of 2008 the best we had during the last decade? Player for player perhaps not, but I think chasing the quadruple til May is an achievement that will never be matched. I think for most bears who were born after the 1972 win, or for even the ones who can't remember the likes of Gazza and Laudrup that clearly, that this might just be the Rangers team they remember for the rest of their lives.

It was a crime that they were never allowed to compete the league fairly in the end. But I remember going ballistic when Novo scored against Fiorentina, alongside my late grandad (who was there in 1961 at the first leg in Ibrox) and my Dad who watched the 1972 CWC final on the television. I never thought I too would experience us in a European Cup Final.

Alas the day itself was a shame, but in terms of achievement alone, the 2008 team is probably my favourite that i've seen and fully remember in my lifetime..albeit if they weren't the most gifted of sides :sherlock:

Was the Rangers team of 2008 the best we had during the last decade? Player for player perhaps not, but I think chasing the quadruple til May is an achievement that will never be matched. I think for most bears who were born after the 1972 win, or for even the ones who can't remember the likes of Gazza and Laudrup that clearly, that this might just be the Rangers team they remember for the rest of their lives.

It was a crime that they were never allowed to compete the league fairly in the end. But I remember going ballistic when Novo scored against Fiorentina, alongside my late grandad (who was there in 1961 at the first leg in Ibrox) and my Dad who watched the 1972 CWC final on the television. I never thought I too would experience us in a European Cup Final.

Alas the day itself was a shame, but in terms of achievement alone, the 2008 team is probably my favourite that i've seen and fully remember in my lifetime..albeit if they weren't the most gifted of sides :sherlock:

Not for me. i think it was a good team that went on a great run. But not a great Rangers team IMO

Our team didn't have too many good individuals. Davis, Cuellar and Thomson would be about it for me.

However, we worked well as a unit, broke teams down and got the goals when they mattered. I would say though that the treble team was a better squad.

never

in most games that season we required a clean sheet as plenty of times we did not look like scoring or scoring more than 1

as much as it was amazing, we got lucky with the draw on the way to manchester, especially getting a lot of home ties first, as most teams were happy to come away from ibrox without losing, thinking they could beat us at their own ground

but if we had been drawn bayern or zenit anytime sooner manchester would never have happened i believe

advocaats team in his second title winning season was miles better