Do you find you hate Celtic less the older you get?

I'm not ashamed of anything associated with Rangers FC.

However there are people on here that like to associate everything Protestant including loyalist paramilitaries with Rangers... and that is complete bollocks!

Same way the can't seem to seperate .. Catholics - Celtic - IRA - Republicans... which also is complete bollocks!

No it's not! when you have a chunk of the support who are loyalist, Protestant, orange, Paramilitry members/sympathisers. Rangers and those things go hand in hand tto a large amount of people - wether you like it or not/rightly or wrongly. Just accept it. You don't need to like it.

tomorrow i wil sit down to christmass lunch with 3 catholics 2 practicing one not

none are celtc fans

1 is a former soldier from a long line of soldiers in the british army.

1 a rangers fan and the son of the above

all 3 are great people who would do anything for you.

people are people they are all different.

their is not one celtc fan in my family right down to 3rd cousins and my family have a tradition of people working for the club right up to the present day.

me i am a practicing church going praying prod yet the uber loyalist still give me a hard time about our traditions. i am not a loyalist. i have never been to norn ireland. been to dublin many times.

like everyone else i am a complicated soul.

i would encourage people not to write other people off based on the club they support or their beliefs.

I will admit they're not all the same there is a difference between a FENIAN and a Catholic did you not know.

Now who said that you have to come from Northern Ireland to be a Loyalist?

Loyalism believe it or not is all round the world, Canada, Austrailia, New Zealand, Jamaica India believe it or not, all where the Queen was either Head of

state or still is Head of State.

my belief based on scripture is that because i have asked god into my life no matter what i do now i will go to heaven.

but no church preaches that you can do what you want as long as you get forgiven.

not even the catholic one.

Balls

Catholic church is exactly like that and if you would stop and think for a minute you would see it.

Its a Cult not a religion simple.

No it's not! when you have a chunk of the support who are loyalist, Protestant, orange, Paramilitry members/sympathisers. Rangers and those things go hand in hand tto a large amount of people - wether you like it or not/rightly or wrongly. Just accept it. You don't need to like it.

I believe that 'they believe it'... I don't think Rangers FC as a club hold the same values.

Anyway, like them, I was only stating my opinion.. not dictating.

We're going round in circles here.. just agree to disagree.

We all have one thing in common 'Rangers' and at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

I will admit they're not all the same there is a difference between a FENIAN and a Catholic did you not know.

Now who said that you have to come from Northern Ireland to be a Loyalist?

Loyalism believe it or not is all round the world, Canada, Austrailia, New Zealand, Jamaica India believe it or not, all where the Queen was either Head of

state or still is Head of State.

there is a full stop between loyalist and norn ireland.

the catholic church is very very clear that murder is wrong and is a mortal sin.

i have met a murderer at a baptist event who was now a lay preacher.

he will go to heaven but he still has to live with being a murderer.

What is it with you? Seriously? My missus and her family are catholic, i will be having dinner with them tommorow. I will be getting pished with them tommorow but i dont come on here preaching like an arsehole making out your always right.

They know my thoughts on their religion, their club and indeed the values they hold, but ffs it dosent make you some sort of preacher because you are having dinner with a group of papes.

I will be shagging one the night beat that(yes she is older than 9)

I believe that 'they believe it'... I don't think Rangers FC as a club hold the same values.

Anyway, like them, I was only stating my opinion.. not dictating.

We're going round in circles here.. just agree to disagree.

We all have one thing in common 'Rangers' and at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

They believe it, because they are right.

The very fact we are discussing the fact means that there is a link, again, rightly or wrongly. If there wasn't that link we wouldn't be talking about it.

Your correct, it's got nothing to do with football - but the links are there for all to see by assosciation.

The bit in bold. I agree. We are all Rangers fans - even the uber loyalists and UVF men. Merry xmas to them all (even the handwringers ;)) (tu)

What is it with you? Seriously? My missus and her family are catholic, i will be having dinner with them tommorow. I will be getting pished with them tommorow but i dont come on here preaching like an arsehole making out your always right.

They know my thoughts on their religion, their club and indeed the values they hold, but ffs it dosent make you some sort of preacher because you are having dinner with a group of papes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That line is my particular favourite of mine.

Tell me Ryan was there a time when those guiding Rangers actually encouraged our club to have a Protestant identity ?

Yes, there was a time. Which was down to our founders of the time being Protestant and wanting the club to follow that identity. I have no problems with that. I have no problems with anyone choosing to follow a certain religion at all either, only when I get accused of something, purely because I don't follow certain traditions and only then I have a problem with it.

The point of my post was that there was people on here accusing individuals such as myself of not being a true Rangers supporter purely because I wasn't Protestant. Although I accept the fact religion is a big factor in Rangers 'history', it isn't and shouldn't be the main reason why anyone should support our great club. I may not have put that over correctly in my first post.

He seems almost ashamed we have a sizeable amount of Protestant fans.

Certainly not. I have the utmost respect for most of the Rangers support, including the Protestant following. My family are from a Protestant background, although not to the extent that they take things seriously nor go to church.

My only problem with the 'Protestant following' is that sometimes I tend to find them quite single minded. They expect every single person who supports Rangers to be exactly like them. That however isn't the case. Personally I just wish they would accept the rest of the support as much as they would accept fellow Protestants. I get the feeling they look down on other supports, as if they aren't as good as them. Afterall we all support the same team and we all want the same thing, 3 points!

How ever the hell you came up with that crap beats the shit out of me. :rolleyes:

See earlier in the thread, certain posters stated that they couldn't see how anyone outside Glasgow could support Rangers. There also was a post saying only the Protestants are true Rangers fans. To which a fair few agreed.

And Loyalist fans

wonder what category he falls into with that statement??

Again, I have the utmost respect for our fans. I just feel sometimes they can look down slightly at fans who aren't religious.

nice rant based on one post :)

They believe it, because they are right.

The very fact we are discussing the fact means that there is a link, again, rightly or wrongly. If there wasn't that link we wouldn't be talking about it.

Your correct, it's got nothing to do with football - but the links are there for all to see by assosciation.

The bit in bold. I agree. We are all Rangers fans - even the uber loyalists and UVF men. Merry xmas to them all (even the handwringers ;)) (tu)

I'm not a handwringer by the way. ;)

nice rant based on one post :)

You seem to think your giving ghandi a run for his money by having dinner with papes.

Walking into a chapel and watching all that lot do their hocus pocus shite is certainly a strange experience. Id say brainwashed youd say something different

Again, I have the utmost respect for our fans. I just feel sometimes they can look down slightly at fans who aren't religious.

So you have to be religious to be a Loyalist?

Ill answer that for you now

NO you don't completly different

the same goes for a Fenian and a Catholic completly different,

although if you're a Loyalist you more than likely are going to be a Protestant but there are Catholic Loyalists too.

The same goes for a Fenian and Catholic.

You seem to think your giving ghandi a run for his money by having dinner with papes.

Walking into a chapel and watching all that lot do their hocus pocus shite is certainly a strange experience. Id say brainwashed youd say something different

i have never seen that much difference between it and the cos.

same songs, same prayers, same bible, same communion. sure they have a few more rituals but every church has those.

my point on christmas dinner and you are living proof of it was simply that you cant tar everyone with the same brush.

there are some on here it seems who would reject the sex with your ten year old bird tonight simply for going to the chapel.

its hard to believe anything thats patantly untrue.

Maybe you will have to do a research on that then because it is true.

Try and find a book i think it will be under confessions of the IRA you will see its FACT.

And its also well known fact here in Northern Ireland that that was the case.

So you have to be religious to be a Loyalist?

Ill answer that for you now

NO you don't completly different

the same goes for a Fenian and a Catholic completly different,

although if you're a Loyalist you more than likely are going to be a Protestant but there are Catholic Loyalists too.

The same goes for a Fenian and Catholic.

Sorry, misread that.

I have no problems with 'Loyalists'. My biggest respects in the Rangers support is for the 'Loyalists'. They are the ones who get Ibrox going on matchdays and are the ones who defend our club when it's name is being tarnished! No problems, whatsoever.

Maybe you will have to do a research on that then becausee it is true.

Try and find a book i think it will be under confessions of the IRA you will se its FACT.

And its also well known fact here in Northern Ireland that that was the case.

thats what they chose to take from a religion.

its not the core values of the relgion.

alqueda claim to be religious but islam expresly teaches peace and love for all.

your using peoples twisted logic to bash a religion.