141 members have voted

1. 1. When would you rather he left?

• Now and take the £650k
    • End of the season and try to win the league with him

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if brummy stay up, so are they gonna give us that in advance then before they know if they are up, people think we can afford goodwillie with this deal when really it falls short by some margin, saving on wages and are they gonna allow us the saved money on wages too from the bank and the wages for another player

I think whether miller goes now or in the summer that there will be funds to bring Goodwillie to ibrox

can we not offer him a contract that will keep him for the rest of his career

We offered contracts which were deemed acceptable by the club, but obviously not by the player.

Should we return to the days of dishing out long, lucrative contracts, only to see us paying them off early?

We offered contracts which were deemed acceptable by the club, but obviously not by the player.

Should we return to the days of dishing out long, lucrative contracts, only to see us paying them off early?

i think we could happily roll the dice on this one,

far more likley to be a prso than a bernard i am sure you agree

i think we could happily roll the dice on this one,

far more likley to be a prso than a bernard i am sure you agree

Maybe so, but there will be the same argument put forward about any player, Boyd and Novo being prime examples. Rightly or wrongly, the club must call the shots based on what is viable financially.

Maybe so, but there will be the same argument put forward about any player, Boyd and Novo being prime examples. Rightly or wrongly, the club must call the shots based on what is viable financially.

the bank are calling the shots not the club. walter made that clear.

banks dont want to win football matches or leagues.

the fact we cant get players like novo and millier who want to stay tied up is pretty poor.

i dont know how you rate miller or sasa but for me they are important players in a sucessful period for usn and we cant get them tied down.

novo didnt want alot of cash just a two year deal. we miss him and he was superb value for money and well and truly deserved a two year deal.

there is also a difference to signing a 31 year old on a 3 year deal and retaining one in terms of risk.

miller is rarely injured and contributes well and is settled.

I think whether miller goes now or in the summer that there will be funds to bring Goodwillie to ibrox

well if you think that there will be funds, dunno what makes ya think that anyway then there should be no issue with him staying till the summer and wee get the other in the summer too, what funds ?

This a tough yin. £700k straight into Lloyds pocket or a chance to win the league?

Think ad rather have the league thanks.

Kennys here for 3 in a row

Putting aside the innaccuracies in your post, is your whole life lived in black and white, or just on here?

well if you think that there will be funds, dunno what makes ya think that anyway then there should be no issue with him staying till the summer and wee get the other in the summer too, what funds ?

If you believe everything Walter says to the press then you're a mug. He's lied on plenty of occasions. We were meant to have no funds last season if you remember and we spent 5.5million on players. There will be funds whether we sell miller or not I'm pretty sure of it.

If you believe everything Walter says to the press then you're a mug. He's lied on plenty of occasions. We were meant to have no funds last season if you remember and we spent 5.5million on players. There will be funds whether we sell miller or not I'm pretty sure of it.

what sugests i believe the press, i actually believe from where we are at, what walter says shouldnt just be cast in doubt because of his interviews either, i admire your optimism i really do but we are in a situation that cant be denied really, i hope you are right but in all honesty i think you are the only one saying weather he leaves now or the summer there will be funds for goodwillie, thats a jolly way to look at things but the squad is thin, we are offloading our top goalscorer for pennies for where we are at, you keep believing unless you have any info which tells me different

yeah after we sold 7.5 million worth of players.

the bank are calling the shots not the club. walter made that clear.

banks dont want to win football matches or leagues.

the fact we cant get players like novo and millier who want to stay tied up is pretty poor.

i dont know how you rate miller or sasa but for me they are important players in a sucessful period for usn and we cant get them tied down.

novo didnt want alot of cash just a two year deal. we miss him and he was superb value for money and well and truly deserved a two year deal.

there is also a difference to signing a 31 year old on a 3 year deal and retaining one in terms of risk.

miller is rarely injured and contributes well and is settled.

As I said, an argument can be made for any player. Also, if you believe everything Smith says in the press.....

As I said, an argument can be made for any player. Also, if you believe everything Smith says in the press.....

smiths said it repeatedly and this time noones even bothering to deny it.

if you dont believe the bank are running the show ........

Either way, now or end of the season. Whatever happens, happens. We are not a one man team and the goals will always be there.

If it is to be now, thanks Kenny you have been great good luck with whoever you sign with.

If end of the season good stuff as well, try and keep up this current form and bang in the goals.

Either way I still want to see Goodwillie in a Rangers shirt this month.

Either way, now or end of the season. Whatever happens, happens. We are not a one man team and the goals will always be there.

If it is to be now, thanks Kenny you have been great good luck with whoever you sign with.

If end of the season good stuff as well, try and keep up this current form and bang in the goals.

Either way I still want to see Goodwillie in a Rangers shirt this month.

100% Spot on!!

As I said on another thread its fine telling Miller to get lost but we have a really small squad have games in Europe, 2 Cups and league games that were postponed still to play - we can't let the squad get any smaller and the money Birmingham offered is not enough to buy Goodwillie.

Can we guarantee that with the 600k we will get a striker that will score goals, I'd rather stick with what we have.

As I said on another thread its fine telling Miller to get lost but we have a really small squad have games in Europe, 2 Cups and league games that were postponed still to play - we can't let the squad get any smaller and the money Birmingham offered is not enough to buy Goodwillie.

Can we guarantee that with the 600k we will get a striker that will score goals, I'd rather stick with what we have.

It is though.

We have been offered 650k to sell Miller and if it happens we save 520k (based on The Sun's 20k weekly wage figure) in his wages between now and May.

That gives us £1,170,000 to play with straight away. People will say the money is going straight to the banks, but if that's the case why were we allowed to bid for Goodwillie yesterday?

Considering that Webster was rumoured to be the highest earner at Dundee Utd by a clear distance last season, I think Goodwillie is only going to command about a third of the wage that Miller is on (£6,000 a week approx) which would amount to £156,000 between now and the end of June.

That leaves us just over a million quid to try and broker a deal to take Goodwillie to Ibrox and that's before we even consider the possibility of one of our players going there on loan and the other 500k (rumoured) that we will get should Birmingham stay up being instered into the deal as installment payments.

I'm not going to deny that this is all conjecture and educated geuss work, but I don't think it''s wrong to assume that we have the money for Goodwillie providing that Miller leaves first and I'm sure Martin Bain, Walter Smith & Lloyds, who are all far more aware of facts & figures than I am, know this themselves.

Thoughts?

Normally you would say yes we'd rather keep our top scorer till the end of the season. But looking at Miller's body language in last Sunday's game I would say his head is mince and we could end up with a re run of Boyd last year after January. Offload him now, Goodwillie's a steal at a million.

It is though.

We have been offered 650k to sell Miller and if it happens we save 520k (based on The Sun's 20k weekly wage figure) in his wages between now and May.

That gives us £1,170,000 to play with straight away. People will say the money is going straight to the banks, but if that's the case why were we allowed to bid for Goodwillie yesterday?

Considering that Webster was rumoured to be the highest earner at Dundee Utd by a clear distance last season, I think Goodwillie is only going to command about a third of the wage that Miller is on (£6,000 a week approx) which would amount to £156,000 between now and the end of June.

That leaves us just over a million quid to try and broker a deal to take Goodwillie to Ibrox and that's before we even consider the possibility of one of our players going there on loan and the other 500k (rumoured) that we will get should Birmingham stay up being instered into the deal as installment payments.

I'm not going to deny that this is all conjecture and educated geuss work, but I don't think it''s wrong to assume that we have the money for Goodwillie providing that Miller leaves first and I'm sure Martin Bain, Walter Smith & Lloyds, who are all far more aware of facts & figures than I am, know this themselves.

your forgetting to factor in a few things. miller will be due part of the t/f fee. tax and agents fees are two others.

I'd prefer to keep him til the end of the season.. Goals win games., Kenny scores the goals.. He is the top scorer in the SPL by a mile and i'm sure he has more goals in him..

Also the taigs want rid of him so it will annoy them when he scores against them next month..

Caseyjones.. Wer are the inaccuravies in my post?

3 points mentioned wer;

•£700k fee will go straight to the bank (we all know what they are like)

•without kennys goals we dont have enough firepower to see out games (take a look back to the hamilton game)

•kennys here for 3 in a row (in ur not confident we can win the league against that Celtic side I dont think ul ever have confidence in Rangers again).

And the guy who thinks Kennys wages will become available to spend on transfers is hilarious lol. Would Goodwille not be getting paid haha? Being the little cunt he is ge would demand at least £12k a week.

WATP

Caseyjones.. Wer are the inaccuravies in my post?

3 points mentioned wer;

•£700k fee will go straight to the bank (we all know what they are like)

•without kennys goals we dont have enough firepower to see out games (take a look back to the hamilton game)

•kennys here for 3 in a row (in ur not confident we can win the league against that Celtic side I dont think ul ever have confidence in Rangers again).

And the guy who thinks Kennys wages will become available to spend on transfers is hilarious lol. Would Goodwille not be getting paid haha? Being the little cunt he is ge would demand at least £12k a week.

WATP

If its going straight to the bank, why are we offering money for players?

We do have firepower, £11m* worth is out injured but will be back just as Kenny leaves, if indeed he does leave.

I would argue this is the strongest Celtic side since Chesneys first year with a manager who wants to beat us every bit as much as the 30000 bigots which sit in their dump of a stadium every second week.

Walter has already said the wages from Kennys sale WILL be made availible for new player(s).

Goodwillie will be lucky to get £3k or £4k a week at the Gers, hes not even on £1k a week at Utd.(Utd cannot pay any more, especially not to young players)

Punting Miller and bringing in Goodwillie will still leave us with around £15k a week to play with.

Bill i am (not) (sorry i had to lol :) ), your argument has many flaws my friend.

(tu)

* combined fees for Lafferty, Naismith, Beattie and Jelavic :)