Sound familiar?

ronniemca

watched a bit on leeds unt this morning . a team going great in the league. then the owner decides to chase the champions league. gets the club into serious debt bank moves in and demands a fire sale of all their players.have to bring in frees and play with youngsters. crowds dwindle and they slide down the leagues. a shrewd businessman sees the potential of the club moves in and runs the club properly . hey presto the club comes back from the brink.

watched a bit on leeds unt this morning . a team going great in the league. then the owner decides to chase the champions league. gets the club into serious debt bank moves in and demands a fire sale of all their players.have to bring in frees and play with youngsters. crowds dwindle and they slide down the leagues. a shrewd businessman sees the potential of the club moves in and runs the club properly . hey presto the club comes back from the brink.

We wont slide down the league and fans wont lett the crowds dwindle as low as Leeds Utds did.

And another point, we are NOT Leeds Utd, we are Rangers.

But i get your sentiment Ronnie

(tu)

It annoys me to hear fans berate Sir David Murray for funding a dream. It was not just his dream, it was my dream and most probably, the dream of all bears. You cannot have that dream and support the team through it, only to come out the other side and turn on Murray for speanding money on it.

Rangers were awesome during NIAR and will be again, but for the foreseeable future, we are in a state of holding our own. I accept that and will continue to support my club, without turning on owners or management.

Rangers 2-1 Leeds United

Leeds united 1-2 Rangers

Oh the memories!

It annoys me to hear fans berate Sir David Murray for funding a dream. It was not just his dream, it was my dream and most probably, the dream of all bears. You cannot have that dream and support the team through it, only to come out the other side and turn on Murray for speanding money on it.

Rangers were awesome during NIAR and will be again, but for the foreseeable future, we are in a state of holding our own. I accept that and will continue to support my club, without turning on owners or management.

Rangers 2-1 Leeds United

Leeds united 1-2 Rangers

Oh the memories!

C'mon, you pick 1 game, in 9 title winning years? What about the rest, we were dreadul in Europe right through 9iar. Even with greats and legends, Walter still failed in Europe and them days we were a major player in World Football, Britains biggest club and business in fact, embarrassed yearly in Europe.

Murray didnt finance it either, he borrowed it, for Wee Dick and for Walter, look whos running our club!

Rangers 2-1 Leeds United

Leeds united 1-2 Rangers

Oh the memories!

Forgetting you cherry-picking games to suit, who funded that dream? If you were fishing, you've got me, but I doubt it.

We wont slide down the league and fans wont lett the crowds dwindle as low as Leeds Utds did.

And another point, we are NOT Leeds Utd, we are Rangers.

But i get your sentiment Ronnie

(tu)

the shityness of the league wont allow us to go down but dont bet on the crowds part.

we have lost 7k while winning things.

guys i know are talking of not renewing if the bank keep this up.

the shityness of the league wont allow us to go down but dont bet on the crowds part.

we have lost 7k while winning things.

guys i know are talking of not renewing if the bank keep this up.

Are you sure its nothing to do with the lack of entertainment? The crowds during the 90's were decling too as fans moaned on mass about the poor quality football on display. The same guys in charge and the football is even worse.

In any case, im not sure the correct crowds are being announced in the media for Ibrox. 41000 at Inverness reported when i was there and could see only a handful of empty seats. Few others too. I doubt very much we are 7k down despite what is being reported.

Are you sure its nothing to do with the lack of entertainment? The crowds during the 90's were decling too as fans moaned on mass about the poor quality football on display. The same guys in charge and the football is even worse.

In any case, im not sure the correct crowds are being announced in the media for Ibrox. 41000 at Inverness reported when i was there and could see only a handful of empty seats. Few others too. I doubt very much we are 7k down despite what is being reported.

there was a waiting list during smiths last spell i was on it for 2 years.

ok lets say 5k down while we are double champions. any sustained period of failure will see us into the 30k's easily. i dont know leeds averages but that wont be that far off will it?

as for entertainment. i pay to see the players i love and admire and they keep getting sold i assume others are similar.

but these two guys were very specific about why they wont be renewing and one takes his two kids.

there was a waiting list during smiths last spell i was on it for 2 years.

ok lets say 5k down while we are double champions. any sustained period of failure will see us into the 30k's easily. i dont know leeds averages but that wont be that far off will it?

as for entertainment. i pay to see the players i love and admire and they keep getting sold i assume others are similar.

but these two guys were very specific about why they wont be renewing and one takes his two kids.

The days of the waiting list. I remember the old videos of Walters first time in charge, huge sections of empty seats, and in important games too. Not sure at what stage the waiting list stuff happened, can remember it, just not when.

The crowds did not dimish during our horrific season under Eck, i do not think the fans will turn away, were not known for that and we dont turn away from our team like the unwashed. Crowds of 30 odd thousand regularly will never be seen at Ibrox, of that i am sure.

We dont get entertained, that is a fact. We dont have flair players and we do not attack teams the way a Rangers team should attack teams. I think, to some, that is a turn off, but to many, they pay regardless.

Then i must stress, those 2 guys need to do a bit of research, why didnt you tell them? Your bright enough to know. The bank are not to blame, the bank are not at fault and the bank did not spend the millions which took us to this debt, indeed the bank ARE the ones who gave us the money to spend. I have no idea why anyone would blame the bank. To me, its clear as day who is to blame.

The days of the waiting list. I remember the old videos of Walters first time in charge, huge sections of empty seats, and in important games too. Not sure at what stage the waiting list stuff happened, can remember it, just not when.

empty seats were in european games or perhaps early in smiths spell crowds rose during his time for sure. my first season ticket was restricted view just to get a seat that was about 5 in a row

The crowds did not dimish during our horrific season under Eck, i do not think the fans will turn away, were not known for that and we dont turn away from our team like the unwashed. Crowds of 30 odd thousand regularly will never be seen at Ibrox, of that i am sure.

we were lucky under eck. there was always something to boost sales 2 titels and the hype around plg being some of them. crowds of 30k are coming perhaps even with sucess its a vicious circle season ticket sales are al the rage when its hard to get a ticket but as it becomes easier then more people take the risk. my mate got 6 tickets for the last of game for us and he isnt even a season ticket holder.

We dont get entertained, that is a fact. We dont have flair players and we do not attack teams the way a Rangers team should attack teams. I think, to some, that is a turn off, but to many, they pay regardless.

well they wont forever and this 10 team league wont help

Then i must stress, those 2 guys need to do a bit of research, why didnt you tell them? Your bright enough to know. The bank are not to blame, the bank are not at fault and the bank did not spend the millions which took us to this debt, indeed the bank ARE the ones who gave us the money to spend. I have no idea why anyone would blame the bank. To me, its clear as day who is to blame.

when walters blaming the bank then the ordinary fans listen.

thats the truth.

our crowd on monday will be our lowest in a decade for a game. i am sure of that.

infact if not for the ccs you might struggle for 10k.

thats the truth.

our crowd on monday will be our lowest in a decade for a game. i am sure of that.

infact if not for the ccs you might struggle for 10k.

Good debate. I take your points on board, just have a differing opinion, slightly.

Totally agree with fans believing anything Walter tells them.

I want to go on Monday, working but the wee man wants to go.

(tu)

Forgetting you cherry-picking games to suit, who funded that dream? If you were fishing, you've got me, but I doubt it.

What the hell?

I did not cherry pick games, I have fond memories of the European exploits that took us to a whisker from a final with AC Milan, only to then find out Marseille were bribing referee's.

I was not fishing and I don't give a shit if you have bitten - with that attitude you would be going straight back in the water

What the hell?

I did not cherry pick games, I have fond memories of the European exploits that took us to a whisker from a final with AC Milan, only to then find out Marseille were bribing referee's.

I was not fishing and I don't give a shit if you have bitten - with that attitude you would be going straight back in the water

I too have fond memories of that season, but I also take into account some of the truly horrendous results and performances we were treated to at a time when the manager had everything going for him.

I too have fond memories of that season, but I also take into account some of the truly horrendous results and performances we were treated to at a time when the manager had everything going for him.

Yes, I agree and at the tail end of Walters first reign, I wanted a freshness as I always felt he did not have what it took for Europe. SDM found Advocaat and gave him the funding to try and break Europe - a dream we all bought into

everything except the 3 foreigner rule of course

Yes, I agree and at the tail end of Walters first reign, I wanted a freshness as I always felt he did not have what it took for Europe. SDM found Advocaat and gave him the funding to try and break Europe - a dream we all bought into

We all want European success, of course, but we had a self-proclaimed Custodian whose ego outstripped his business nous in the world of football. He gambled with our money - and lost! He then proceeded to do the exact same thing again! We are all now paying for his profligacy.

Valid point, that was always a damn stupid rule that hurt Scottish teams in Europe hard

Rangers reached 3 finals with that rule in place, winning 1 Euro trophy.

Celtic reached 2 finals winning 1.

It wasnt a bad rule, money and more foreigners hurt the Scottish game in Europe more.

Walter still plays the 3 foreigner rule does he not? :)

(tu)

everything except the 3 foreigner rule of course

It was in place in the year previous to the inaugural CL, which was our most successful, but I suppose it did stop us beating the might of Levski Sofia and AEK in the following seasons! :rolleyes: