The Cassano Renaissance?

JamieD

Naturally it would be absurd to assume that any period of happiness and success will last when it comes to Antonio Cassano but the guy has created 3 goals in just 37 minutes in the Milan shirt. Whilst overweight and having not trained prior to signing for 2 months.

Cassano + Ibra sounds, on paper, an absolute nightmare paring. Two preternaturally gifted but lazy and arrogant loons ought to be a hindrance to Milan's title hopes but they seem to be becoming a match made in heaven.

I hope it continues. When on form he's the most exciting Italian player since prime Del Piero.

when he's on form and not being a total dick he is one of the best strikers about IMO, wasted so much of his talent by simply being lazy, hopefully he will knuckle down at AC and show us how good he can be even though I doubt it, will be good to see how milan get on if they do sign ballotelli, 3 total loons in he same team.

He is great at creating things when he drops off the striker(s). His assist for Strasser vs. Cagliari and for Pato's 2nd were exactly the same.

Is he cup tied for the Champions League?

I don't think so. Sampdoria went out in the qualifying rounds didn't they?

Bit unfair to say that he's only having a renaissance now; he's been magic for Sampdoria over the past few seasons.

I meant after the last two months of sitting on his arse eating cake. Let's face it, could anybody reasonably expect him to get another chance at a top club at the age of 28 with his track record? It seemed to me like he'd fallen on his feet at Sampdoria and then fucked it all up again but no, like a phoenix from the flames he's back yet again.

Surprised he's doing the business for Milan, and it's nothing to do with his quality, because on form he is incredible.

He just always seemed to be the guy who could only perform when he was the top dog, the biggest name in the dressing room, the one the team was built around.