Does anyone think Beattie.

Clemdog

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a gif which Messi happened to be involved in, he asked who it is, was I supposed to dingy him aye?

And fuck playing like Stoke. I'd rather cut my own balls off than watch Rangers copying Stoke's style of play. If he doesn't fit into our system then fuck him, get him sold and bring in someone who's fit and who will fit into the system. A striker who'd actually be capable of scoring goals, perhaps.

I didn't say we should play like Stoke. I said he'd fit more in that type of system. Not that we should change our style of play for him.

As much as Beattie needs to get match fitness (we'll still be saying this in the final game of the season i reckon), he needs to adapt to the Scottish game, last night he just stood waiting on the ball coming to him, that's never going to happen in the SPL, you need to be onto the ball and attacking it.

only way Beattie will get a good game is where we play a team who have more open play and use space. Dundee Utd play a 4-3-3 do they not? if he can't perform against that sort of set up then he's no use.

He arrived after not kicking a ball in over 6 months, got injured straight away and has barely been fit to get in the pitch since. I said this before - at his age and with that time out it will be next season before he's fully match fit and sharp.

No point in making comparisons with jelavic as it's a different situation and they are different players.

Does this mean we should write him off for this season? No, because game time is the rehabilitation he needs. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of having him performing at his current level so he needs to up the ante and very quickly as he's not going to get a game.

As a sidenote I thought jelavic and fleck looked good as a pairing, it's got that big guy little guy feel to it too, but both are more than just that.

i havent met him but i met c adam a few times and i would class him as skinny. so i suspect the fat thing is a myth in fairness.

bob malcolm as another example was under 12 st and often called fat.

adam was one of our fittest players but to many people don't understand the difference between fit and fast.

I agree. I'm taking this Beattie being fat thing with a pinch of salt for now after Adam, who was never fat, was always getting pelters for his alleged weight problem. I've always thought he is a bad signing though.