Aaron Lennon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you expect him to do.

At Rangers, he'd be criticised for not being a good defender, but that's not the way it's done at Spurs.

I expect him to get the ball, knock it by a defender and use his outrageous pace to get to it and put a ball in. That's what he does, one of the best around at doing it and therefore I'd say no, he ISN'T overrated.

I'd agree with that. His pace saves him though. Incredibly quick, and decent ball control, but at times his passing really lets him down. With the possibility of Spurs finishing in the top 4 consistently now, he needs to make that right wing spot his own.

Guest SandyWATP

easy to defend against block off his path onto his right foot because his left foot is ridiculously hoorendous.

Hardly, seen as he rips many teams apart.

easy to defend against block off his path onto his right foot because his left foot is ridiculously hoorendous.

I've watched him destroy Cole and Evra on at least one occasion each, he can't be that 'easy' to cut off.

I've watched him destroy Cole and Evra on at least one occasion each, he can't be that 'easy' to cut off.

is that it ? i shall reserve judgement then until he has defended against the papac ;)

And anyone who can skin those 2 must be quick!

I think he's better suited to playing on the left and cutting in but that position is Bales obviously.

And anyone who can skin those 2 must be quick!

I think he's better suited to playing on the right and cutting in but that position is Bales obviously.

Eh?

Bale plays on the left, Lennon plays on the right. And he's right footed.

he reminds me of walcott

if you played against lennon and spurs you would expect your centre half on that side to start drifting towards that side when the ball is played to lennon, then when he hits it past the defender to chase the centre half covers no bother

the thing that is on lennons side here is that spurs are ridiculously dangerous in every position, so a centre half really cant afford to be dragged out of position

imo redknapp is building something special at spurs, they wont ever win the title as they dont spend the money, but given another few seasons, they will now be considered part of the big 4 in place of liverpool (if they already arent)

i absolutely LOVE watching spurs games

He's a fantastic player, just a little inconsistent after injurys but his final ball has always been his weak point. At 23 there's still plenty time for him to improve it, and maybe end up at somewhere like Milan or in Germany.

he reminds me of walcott

if you played against lennon and spurs you would expect your centre half on that side to start drifting towards that side when the ball is played to lennon, then when he hits it past the defender to chase the centre half covers no bother

the thing that is on lennons side here is that spurs are ridiculously dangerous in every position, so a centre half really cant afford to be dragged out of position

imo redknapp is building something special at spurs, they wont ever win the title as they dont spend the money, but given another few seasons, they will now be considered part of the big 4 in place of liverpool (if they already arent)

i absolutely LOVE watching spurs games

Spurs spend ridiculous amounts of money <cr> 14 million on palacios...12 million on pavlyuchenko...9 million on hutton...10 million i think it was on defoe...8 million on gomes....Arsenal is the way to build something special and its paying off now. Arsenal will walways be better than spurs :D;)

That's mince to be fair.

hows that ?...when hes on the counter hes so hard to stop but that doesnt really matter cause the final ball is usually pish but when there are players back and hes doubled up on which is usually the case he cant really do much

hows that ?...when hes on the counter hes so hard to stop but that doesnt really matter cause the final ball is usually pish but when there are players back and hes doubled up on which is usually the case he cant really do much

He's that fast that he doesn't need to be on the counter to beat a man going the other way.

I've seen so many Spurs games when they've been swarming all over an opposing side and Lennon's been the best player on the park.